Ratings for Dr. Issam D. Soussou

This is a nasty condescending Doctor. He does not listen, he belittles you , defensive, I feel did more surgery than was required. He laughs at you in your face.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Dr. Soussou is a poor excuse not only for a doctor but a human being. He clearly needs to retire and stop treating patients. I had the unfortunate encounter with him after being diagnosed with appendicitis. I had a lapriscopic surgery to remove the appendix; Dr. Soussou decided to perform the naval incision above my actual belly button due to a previous piercing which I might add was clearly healed over. That wasnt too big of an issue for me but I never stopped feeling excruciating pain. Every day it felt harder and harder to move, much worse then the actual appendicitis. Unfortunately the pain became so unbearable I went in for an office visit where the doctor did not once look at my stomach, let alone do any testing, instead informing me that I have created illusions of pain and to go home and gain some weight. Less then a week later I was in the hospital for a complete small bowel obstruction. I had emergency surgery along with the infamous NG tube for 4 days, my hospital stay was 8 days during which time I was on a strict clear liquid diet. Today I decided to bite the bullet and try to see if Dr. Soussou would be more willing to listen, I have been experiencing abdominal pain as well as my previous symptoms. He told me that I like to worry and he cant fix that. Hopefully this advice will not end with the same results as last time. Please do yourself a favor, avoid this doctor at all costs!!!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Issam D. Soussou's Credentials

• American Univ Of Beirut, Fac Of Med, Beirut, Lebanon (Grad. 1973)