You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Elisa Yang

Agree with most other comments - wait time is 60 minutes or more (very frustrating). I also find she spends more time with her Chinese patients (which is the reason she's so behind). While I find she can rush me at times, I have never left an appointment without discussing everything I needed to discuss. However, I do find she's quick to give her opinion and dismiss my suggestions. I also find she prescribes medication that may not be required - could be due to misunderstanding. Fortunately, I'm healthy, but I do feel if an issue arose, I would likely feel the need to obtain a second opinion.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Yang for thirty years, as have many of my extended family. She is a compassionate, caring doctor who takes a deep interest in her patients. She takes as long as she needs with each patient, which may mean longer wait times for those in the waiting room. This is good; I've been to doctors that were writing the prescription before they finished saying hello. Not her: Dr. Yang takes the time to thoroughly review your medical situation before making her diagnosis. We should be blessed with more family doctors like her. Her receptionist staff are very helpful squeezing people into the doctor's overloaded schedule. Her heavy workload is a symptom of Ontario's shrinking system of family medicine and certainly not the fault of her or her staff; they are working hard to respond to patients' needs.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr. Yang's old lady receptionist is pure trash and god awful rude. My sister didn't know and canceled my moms appointment that she booked about 2 years ago. Firstly, of course it was my sisters fault for that. She wasn't suppose to but she didn't know. Secondly, the receptionist is really asinine not only asinine but asiten, asieleven, asitweleve, shoutout to boy Skip Bayless. The old lady receptionist is dumb for cancelling the appointment in the first place as why would she listen to a little girl. If the appoint should be cancelled it should be confirmed by my mother. The receptionist is totally at fault for this, she has no brain whatsoever. My mother, who speaks poor English, called in to say it was a mistake by my sister and to see if she can get her appointment back in a respectful manner. The receptionist treated my mother in a godawful manner, this made my mother furious. My mother asked for a Chinese receptionist and we know that there is one, this was requested so my mother can easily communicate. Old lady didn't give a rats butt and denied that. My father called Dr. Yang's to figure out the situation but the old lady receptionist, once again was very rude and hung up on him. Seriously !?!? You hang up... Very unprofessional, questionable decision making, and lack common sense. We tried calling the doctor office again and again because of the lack of respect that the old lady receptionist have treated us. She is a bully. I might even suspect that she lurks on opportunities to bully people who lack the English tongue. Our family has been to Dr. Yang's for our entire lives and this disrespect to patients is unacceptable. We don't want her fired or anything of that sorts because she is pretty old and probably need the job to keep herself entertained and keep her power trip going. We just want and apology.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Dr. Yang is wonderful; she has never made my appointment feel rushed, and she has always taken my concerns seriously. The wait time can be a bit unbearable (I have never waited less than 90 minutes for an appointment). I have always had good luck with one of her staff, but there seems to be high turnaround with the second position which can make scheduling frustrating.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

I have been with Dr Yang a long time,I really appreciate her,but over the years my appointments have become worse and worse,waiting up to an hour and forty minutes,never less than forty five. By the time I get in to see her,I am feeling so stressed,and aching from the hard uncomfortable chairs,that I often cannot explain all that I needed to. I think much of the problem is due to so many of her Oriental patients taking one or two other people in with them,and a social life is conducted ,instead of a consultation. If I could find anotherDoctor in my vicinity,I would,although I would miss her terribly. Please,please Dr. Yang,I have never been late for an appointment,please respect us sat endlessly waiting,I beg of you.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Yes, there are often long waits in the waiting room, but not always. Dr Yang is very hard working and works long hours to try and see everyone. I have never felt she rushes me during my appt and never felt she gives preference to her oriental patients. When I ask for a referral to a specialist, she always agrees. I have been with her for 25 years and would not change doctors for all the tea in China.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

Always a very long wait an not polite receptionist . I have been w dr yang 20 years . I have not had any health problems however . Only quick physicals and pap . I wish it was easier to change doctors in Canada .

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

Dc Yang is not up to date with the current practices more so medication. She prescribed me twice the wrong medication, one of which sent me to the emergency a few weeks after giving birth.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

very very long wait time. average wait time is at least 90 minutes

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

Dr. Yang is very helpful. She has sufficient medical knowledge and is very nice to every patient.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

Dr. Elisa Yang's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Agree with most other comments - wait time is 60 minutes or more (very frustrating). I also find she spends more time with her Chinese patients (which is the r..."

April 8, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I've been seeing Dr. Yang for thirty years, as have many of my extended family. She is a compassionate, caring doctor who takes a deep interest in her patients...."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Yang's old lady receptionist is pure trash and god awful rude. My sister didn't know and canceled my moms appointment that she booked about 2 years ago. Fir..."

August 13, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "K2E0" to "K2H 8R2". Address has been updated from "None" to "2039 Robertson Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16138293401".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Yang is wonderful; she has never made my appointment feel rushed, and she has always taken my concerns seriously. The wait time can be a bit unbearable (I ..."

March 13, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been with Dr Yang a long time,I really appreciate her,but over the years my appointments have become worse and worse,waiting up to an hour and forty minu..."

September 23, 2014
  • City changed from "Ottawa" to "Nepean"

April 20, 2012