Ratings for Dr. Milton Wong

I have been suffering from migraines 24/7 for the last 8 months with sporadic migraines before that. I went to see him and I had 3 good days before hand. I told him all the details and even had a journal of everything. When I mentioned that the last 3 days were good, he said "good, keep taking your medication." This wasn't even medication he had prescribed considering this was my first time seeing him. He didn't even touch me or ask for details or care to think that there was a deeper root cause. He didnt even schedule a followup. Obviously the migraines came back and I am at the point where I am unable to work. I have an appointment to see a different neurologist. Hope that guy is more knowledgeable and caring. Don't waste your time with this guy.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Although he wasn't able to help me, he was knowledgable and helped get me in contact with a specific specialist who may be able to help.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I am shocked by all the good ratings for this doctor. I guess you guys all had problems he could diagnose. My case was different-my MRI came back not showing what he'd assured me had the problem. He got extremely defensive when he saw this, as if I'd yelled at him for being wrong (I did no such thing) and blatantly suggested I was either 1. making up my symptoms or 2. was some kind of a weirdo who had crazy symptoms no one could ever possibly diagnose. Because I was born with various medical conditions and have seen a ton of doctors, I knew enough to realize he was simply a rude and not very knowledgeable doc; otherwise I'm sure I would have left his office in tears, convinced I was a freak. Since then my PSYCHIATRIST of all people has correctly diagnosed the problem as being muscular rather than a nerve problem-she says a muscle is pushing on the nerve, causing the pain. If a psychiatrist could think of that, why didn't Dr. Wong think of it? Plus, at the end of our appointment he offered NO suggestions to ANY other doctors or ANY other treatments I might want to try such as a pain management clinic; basically I was pushed out of his office like, "Bye, don't bother me again." I'm glad he helped other people but at the same time, please don't get too excited if you have an appointment with him, because he was just horrible to me and he may be horrible to you too.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Without him, I could have died or at least paralysed. He is very professional and patient.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

After reading previous ratings I was apprehensive about accompying my Mother who is 90 for her first appointment. I found Dr. Wong to be patient in his manner to my Mother.He never once mentioned her age in relation to her issues. I appreciated that as she was expecting the usual "it's old age" response.He was very detailed and thorough in his examination and he clearly explained to us both what the diagnosis was, what came next and what his concerns were. He knows his stuff. His demeaner towards an elder was excellent and she felt comfortable with him. He was very clear in what direction he was going with diagnosis and follow-up. As the caregiver to my Mother ...appreciated his respect for her as an elderly patient. As the patient...my Mother felt like a patient not an old lady ready for pasture (so to speak).

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

Good listner, professional and takes the time to learn about your condition.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

I read the unfavourable ratings dated 6/6/09 and 5/9/07 before accompanying my wife to Dr. Wong's appointment for her headache and neck pain. I was influenced by those rating. The doctor who refered Dr Wong also told us do not expect Dr Wong to talk a lot. To my surprise, Dr. Wong gave my wife a detailed consultation. He asked many questions and gave her a physical examination. He was willing to answer our questions and he explained his diagnosis. The consultation took around 30 minutes which was not short at all. My wife felt better with his prescription. I waited over 2 months before writing this comment to prove his prescription was right.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2010

He was dismissive; lacking in current knowledge / expertise. I wouldn't recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2009

Pleasant demeanor, good listener, very quiet but knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2007

Absolutely not helpful. My symptoms appeared to baffle him. He stopped just short of suggesting that I was imagining it all. After two visits, I insisted my GP send me to another specialist. In the end, I required minor surgery to correct the problem.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2007