Ratings for Dr. J. DUDLEY Youman

I've been, "hanging out," with Dr. Youman for a decade and that's great news for me. He's my hero because he saved my life, among many more. He cares. He's the best and his staff is great. In fact, if I live to be 103, it will be due to Dr. Youman and his amazing staff who by the way, are as patient as saints. Eternally grateful for what they do every day, I will forever be a Dr. Dudley Youman fan!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2010

I felt this doctor did not take an agressive enough approach in treating my husband's melenoma. Even though the deadly skin cancer was still racing through my husband's body when the first round of cemo treatments ended, this doctor (along with my husband's doctor at M.D. Anderson) failed to see the necessity of getting get my husband on another round of treatment ASAP. My husband passed away 3 months after his first round of cemo treatment stopped without ever getting additional treatments. This 3 months was a very crucial time, who knows maybe more cemo treatments would have cured my husband or at least, given him more time. I think anyone battling cancer, needs to have a doctor that is in the fight with them. I think my husband fell through the crack with this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

An outstanding doctor who seems never to have forgotten that he's treating real people -- and not just diseases. Highly attentive and an outstanding listener. Simple and direct in dealing with some of the issues surrounding some of the nastiest diseases on the planet. Obviously in medicine because he has a passion for it.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2007

Dr. J. DUDLEY Youman's Credentials

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1964)

GHI