Ratings for Dr. Marni Heed

worst pain ever through colonoscopy.Over the bed railed end with concise sedation. I'm afraid to have another one.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Worst doctor experience I've ever had. Continued procedure after I withdrew consent while under conscious sedation. She was extremely rough with me and when I told her I was in pain she continued. She even tried to have me restrained and continue the colonoscopy despite me screaming in pain, thrashing on the table, knocking over the tray of instruments, and punching a nurse. I remember everything despite the use of versed. Still waiting for an apology (though the hospital administrator did finally give me one after I threatened lawsuit). She should have her license taken - what she did was the equivalent of criminal assault. She has no respect/care for her patients and is a cold, sadistic person.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

She saved my life in 2013. I am glad she happened to be in the emergency room at the right time. She diagnosed my Pancreatitis after ruling out a possible ruptured appendix. She followed up often and was very thorough along with making sure I received enough for my pain.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

Dr Heed is a doctor I would never let touch me again! I was having the worst stomach cramps I have ever experienced in my life so I went to the ER. She stuck her finger up my butt and did another test and said we need to operate! I am so scared of surgery but with the amount of pain I was in I said lets do it. She cut me open and did her thing only to find that the surgery was not necessary at all!! Nice one Dr Heed. That is not even the worst part. A day and a half later when I was recovering she told them to remove the staples from my stomach to get me ready for discharge. I was like are you serious? I think that is too soon to pull the stitches out! She gave me some rude remark like "who is the doctor here you or me?" So reluctantly I let them pull them out. Next day I was at home laying on the couch. I went to get up and POP! My stomach burst open and all this bloody colored fluid shot all over my nice white carpet. I stood there in absolute shock and when I realized I was still alive I was like WOW! I threw a face cloth in the hole and raced to the hospital. I thought I might die at any moment! When I got to the ER I showed the nurse the hole and a stretcher came flying through the door. They gave me some meds to calm myself down as I was a bit panicked. Then to top it off I guess Heed was out on a date or something and they called her in to deal with the problem. She was all pissed off that her date got interrupted. She gave me attitude the whole time she was there (which thankfully was not long!) She is a butcher and should not be allowed to operate on people. She sure put me through some stress! The worst part is that the surgery was not even necessary! Now I have this huge scar on my stomach that still will not heal right.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

Will not listen to the patient, had to get another Dr. to repair the damage done as a result of her work , the extra time it took to get another Dr. added to the repairs needed for me. She has a very I'm right and your wrong attitude, I repeat she will not listen

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

Two dealings with her. I find her emotionally unstable and arrogant.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

No many posts for this year on her "GOOD" performance. My experience with her left a lot to be desired. She would not listen to what I wanted to happen. She also neglected to write any of these discussions in her reports to my family Dr. Her decision has made the last year a horrible time for me. Not being able to control my bowls has made it difficult for me at work as well as shopping. I now have to go and see another Dr about having the colostomy that I requested at time of my surgery for Colon Cancer. I did not feel that she likes to be told what a patient wants. Wish I had taken someone with me to all my meetings with her or taped them all. Then she would not be able to lie about what was said. Would not recommend her for anything.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Dr. Heed is a talented and compassionate doctor. She saved my father's life and my family will always be grateful to her. We are fortunate to have such a gifted surgeon in Maple Ridge.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

THIS should be a :( not a :)! WORSE care possible! Sent me home straight from ICU knowing I had infection with no investigation, not even a pamphlet on how to care for myself after a double mastectomy. resulted in 4mths of infections, trauma, loss of many things. RUDE!! Screamed at me! Would not accept other surgeons strong suggestions as to what should be done with me. Would NOT look after me 2 days out of ICU, was told to see my GP. She has left a terrible imprint. Very arrogant, huge ego! Needs to care about her patients much more. of course yay she got out the cancer and did a good surgery job, but aftercare was the most horrible experience ever! Especially dealing with something traumatic as cancer NON of this should have happened after the surgery & it has left me with huge pain.. Had she looked after me right away, the trauma would have never occurred! Get a 2nd opinion!!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

Not only technically very competent, but a whole doctor, caring and empathetic, accessible for follow-up, etc. Cannot recommend her enough. She advised me on surgical options, helped me prepare myself, arranged for the anesthesiologist (sp?) to interview me and explain everything he was going to do, performed the surgery, and followed through to a completely successful outcome. (Colon cancer - aggressive variety).

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013