Ratings for Dr. Aurora V. Yllana-Shepperd

Arrived to my Appt, and after waiting a few minutes for another patient to finish his inquiry at the front desk, checked in 8 minutes late. The receptionist told me I missed my 10 minute grace period for my appointment. Explaining I had arrived within the grace period but had been waiting to check in, I pleaded with her to please give me the benefit of the doubt and allow me to see the doctor whenever she could see me, since I was just there for a quick follow-up to get my medication refilled, since I had been without any for over a week. Before I could finish my sentence, the receptionist rudely interrupted without the courtesy of even looking up from the computer to make eye contact and said, "she's booked for the day, you'll have to reschedule." I had taken off work for this appointment and was turned away despite the fact that I actually had arrived within time to be seen. I am appalled by the new front desk receptionist's demeanor and immature, inappropriate attitude, that I am reconsidering my decision to seek care at this facility. Dr. Sheppard is wonderful, however, the manner in which staff handles patient business is off-putting and left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth. The receptionist is the very first interaction all patients have at the practice. I suggest they select this individual with time, care, and extensive consideration, because one horrible experience is all it takes for some to decide to go elsewhere, a place that exemplifies professionalism and friendliness and a sincere desire to provide exceptional patient care and a positive patient-centered experience. I am truly disappointed by what I encountered today.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

I am on a maintenance medication, have been for 10 years. Dr. Shepperd won't do refills unless I do an office visit every 6 months. The visit consists of taking BP & listening to heart. When I asked why this was always necessary the response I got shocked me....she indicated that she needed to get some insurance money for her role in writing the script. BTW - the medication does not require periodic review or any form of blood work.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I LOVE Dr. Shepperd! She is always so empathetic, genuinely concerned about my well being, and doesn't rush the appointment. I am so glad I found her and I will continue to drive from tomball to kingwood to see her. Cannot give her more stars!!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Recently tried Dr. Sheppards office in searching for a new family Dr. for myself and spouse. Love, love, love this office; staff is A+ and friendly, follow ups are easily scheduled and timely. Very consultative approach and did not feel hurried during office visits. By far the best medical experience had in living in KW for more than six years. Lastly Dr. is fun, vibrant and engaging....five stars all around!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

she will find any way to charge you and your insurance way to much. Does not care about you just making money

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

The doctors on staff are amazing, including this one. However, the office manager is terrible, husband was sent away at the window for a 100 bill that we did not know about. She then offered various excuses why this occurred, using loop holes in the Texas medical system. His privacy rights were violated as he was confronted at the window in front of other patients and he and I both were humiliated. Treated as if we were dead beats. I'm sure there are other good doctors out there that see me as more then a dollar sign. I paid the bill and I will never step foot in that office again.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

She's a young doctor and seems very up to date on the latest in family medicine. Good bed-side manner, attentive and generally very pleasant.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2007

Dr. Aurora V. Yllana-Shepperd's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 2001)