Ratings for Dr. Mark Malyak

This is an exceptionally cruel and spiteful physician, not to mention arrogant.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

Dr. Malyak was not the original Dr at this group I wanted to see. Unfortunately, I was assigned to him. He didn't listen to me, laughed at everything we said. Told me my symptoms weren't really how I was feeling. Really, how do you know unless I tell you. Did tests he thought, not what I asked for. Most came back negative which I knew they would as I had them done prior. But xrays his office did showed no problems but xrays done one month prior and three months after showed issues in the exact way but his showed nothing. I have a hard time believing that. Office ran late and staff were rude, except the girl who drew my blood, she was great. Save yourself time and money. Very disappointed since I had to wait months.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Dr. Malyak is by far the best doctor I have had...whether it be my general practitioners or specialty physicians. He is knowledgeable not only about his specialty but keen to all aspects of his patients' health including both physical and emotional well-being. He has the most caring demeanor, is a great listener and he can explain everything in a way that is easily understood. If ever you wait for him you know it is due to the fact that he is spending time caring for another patient just like he does with me. The medical world needs more doctors like Mark Malyak.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

At my age I have seen many doctors for many different health situations. I have always had the very best regards for Dr. Malyak and his nurse. He is the kindest, most caring, helpful doctor of them all. He always asks how I am doing with my general health and has on more than one occassion helped me with other problems or steered me in the right direction for further help. As I will be retiring and moving soon I would give anything to take him with me. I have had to wait on occassion, but I know that he takes the time with all his patients and that my time will be coming. Wish we had more doctors like him!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

Dr. Malyak is a great Doctor. He is so knowledgeable and got right to the bottom of what was wrong. His office is very professional. I never wait more than 15 minutes to see him. He is kind and very concerned. The lab is right there and there is never more than a couple minute wait there. His nurse can be a little abrupt, but most days she is very good to work with.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

This man went to the ends of the earth to find out what was wrong with me. Everyone else I saw just dismissed me as I clearly did not fit the stereotypical profile for the condition I did, in fact, end up having. I'll always be grateful to this man for his willingness to "solve the puzzle" and get me back to health. He also has the most caring demeanor. His infusion staff is wonderful - happy, funny, incredibly helpful. His personal staff is, well, kind of cranky for some reason. Efficient, but cranky. But I'm clearly willing to put up with that minor issue to have this great physician on my team.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

He replaced my other wonderful rheumetologist and made me feel equally as comfortable. He listens well and responds to my concerns in a knowledgeable as well as compassionate manner. He doesn't try to impose treatments that I feel are not needed at a given time. He respects my knowledge of my own body and acts in concert with my individual needs as a patient. He is a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

While I am not Dr. Malyak's patient, my mother is, and he was very kind and knowledgeable with her. He also took the time to explain some of my problems to me which made me feel better than any of the doctors I HAVE seen did. I'd highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2007

Great doctor to see when you're healthy. If a problem, within his specialty, comes up, he'll send you to your primary care doc.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2007

Dr. Mark Malyak's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1982)

Pacificare