Ratings for Dr. Craig T. Berent

My first appointment with Dr. Berent was fine except for the random $105 "new patient fee" which was fine at the moment, but upon later inquiry seems very fishy. Then I had a slip and busted my chin and called the office. They referred me to an urgent care, which I went and had gotten staples. A few months later my insurance calls saying they do not have any referral from my PCP (Dr. Berent). So I called his office to which I get a response "we do not hand out referrals to urgent care" which I understand, makes sense. But when my insurance insists on the referral or at least a note stating I called his office, Dr. Berent refused. He would not even write a letter stating that his office does not hand out referrals for urgent care. A patient of his is dealing with insurance problems that can be fixed with one short letter and he wouldn't even do it. He says "its not my problem and not my responsibility" If you have ever had problems with insurance claims (which is basically everyone) then do not choose Dr. Berent as your primary care physician or anyone under the name of Primary Care Physicians of Austin. Because it seems like " it is not there problem." Worst doctor I have ever had.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr Berent asked to come see him on a Monday then asked me why I was there? No big deal he's a nice person to talk to , dealing with family issues ,he gave me a prescription for lexipro and diazepam having issues getting refills ,have decided I don't need it .He also told me to divorce my parents,I don't think he is a phd or therapist of any kind ,and I don't think he needs to give me that advice?

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

I have seen Dr. Berent for the past 3 years and found him knowledgeable, patient and most importantly, worth going back to. He'll answer whatever you ask with a good explanation. And it seems he'll be practicing for several more years. I recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

Great doctor. Makes appointments on short notice. Takes his time and knows his medicine and science very well.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

Generally friendly staff; Not very up-to-date on new medical advances

flag | Submitted October 13, 2008

friendly, approachable. eager to serve

flag | Submitted July 27, 2005

Dr. Craig T. Berent's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

HealthFirst