Ratings for Dr. David M. Spencer

I've been seeing Dr. Spencer for a few years now and have come to the conclusion he is always late. If you are late, you must reschedule and still possibly pay a co-payment. He has been consistently late for my last 3 appointments and never offers an explanation or apology. There will not be a 4th visit.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2018

Have been seeing Dr. Spencer for more than a decade. Skin cancer removal, skin tags removed, one from eyelid, other skin problems. Never any incident. He doesn't waste time but he has always listened to my dermatological problems and provided a solution. He has even inquired about previous situations that he has treated me for that weren't part of that visit. He has been for me and to me. Intend to keep seeing him.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

I've been to Dr. Spencer only once, but have talked with his staff on the phone several times since then in follow up to my first visit and in scheduling another procedure. Although I spend a lot of time out of doors, he didn't waste time telling me to stay out of the sun but prescribed a treatment for my chest, which has PK, and gave me a quote on a mini-tuck all in a short period of time. I've talked with nurses scheduling MOHS on my leg and with the staff scheduling the tuck and all have been super helpful. I was also extremely pleased to get in to see a new doctor and out in just a short period of time. Hate wasting time at a doctor's office. Plus he's the only one my insurance covers for the screening. May reevaluate after some follow up visits, but have been told by others that while abrupt he is excellent.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

This man is horrible. Appointments are rushed and he could care less what you have to say. Went in for some small skin tag and mole removal. He bills himself as a plastic surgeon/dermatologist. He left me with a huge scar right between my eyes. Ihe is only in it for the money. It was like an assembly line in his office with staff running around from room to room in a rush to get you in and out. To top,it all off I was quoted a price for a full body mole skin tag removal of 250.00 and the main area I went in for was my face. He told me he would remove them all for 250.00 but when I left I was told my bill was 400.00. I complained but was told full body did not include my head. Is my head not part of my body? He knew very well the spots I came in for were on my face. My advice is run don't walk away from this man. He is highly unethical in my opinion.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

Made apts.for/Mom,Husband,me for routine skin cks, w/few specifics to be chk'd.ALSO-scheduled a consult for possible minilift ,rejuenv.advice/suggestions for esthetic care, botox etc costs&procedures.Was told this Cosmetic consult would be an extra $50. No problem there,I took day off work,drove From Asheboro,Due to the wonderful description on line of this practice,& specialty. Our apts were all sch"d @ 2:15.After cking in, Staff said that Dr. was 30 min.late & did we want to reschedule, we're here,It happens,we waited, When taken back it was like we were on a production line,were so rushed thru the process, unbelieavble. I asked about the other CONSULT issues. while he's looking at my husband,was told by asst. I'd have to make another apt for that. He was behind. He glanced at my face, said to wait 3-4 more years for a lift, gave no other suggestions&I felt brushed off about everything else I tried to ask about.RUSHED.I knew no more when I left as when I got there.-FYI I work 4 a DR.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

Do not understand how this man has patients. He Does not listen. Very rude and arrogant. Left me with a huge facial scar.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

I don't know how this guy stays in business.He performs procedures that he is not skilled enough to do.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2010

Dr. Spencer rushed me through my appointment. He diagnosed me with Psoriasis when I found out from another doctor later that I really had Eczema. I wasted good money on the wrong medicine. Then I found out that he was recently disciplined by the North Carolina Medical Board for letting an unqualified employee do a medical procedure on a patient, and a friend told me they did the same procedure to her. I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

Dr. Spencer was able to help with a skin condition but he spent little time with me. He did not listen to what I had to say but mearly read the few comments given to him by my doctor.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2008

I love this guy. He was able to quickly rid me of a skin ailment my former dermatologist had misdiagnosed twice. He knows what he's doing and does it well.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2008

Dr. David M. Spencer's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Winston-Salem, NC