Ratings for Dr. Graham J. Sellers

My GI highly recommended that I consult with Dr. Sellers after we ran out of medicinal options to treat my Crohn's disease. Dr. Sellers performed a resection of my small intestine to remove a mass of scar tissue and inflammation that had been causing me severe pain and vomiting. His approach to pain management and recovery made this the shortest hospitalization I've had and I believe that greatly and positively impacted my overall healing process. I would highly recommend Dr. Sellers' expertise and skills to anyone needing intestinal surgery.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

I was referred by Kaiser to Dr. Sellers to surgically repair a fistula which was so large it needed a gracillus muscle (leg muscle) to patch so it could heal. This required a plastic surgeon to work alongside Dr. Sellers. I also had to have a temporary colostomy for four months and a number of tests before the reversal. I have severe Crohns disease and had to deal with stool coming from the vaginal area for quite some time while my GI doctor hoped , to no avail, that added medications would heal all fistula caused by a flare:-p five years ago. I am so grateful to Dr. Sellers for thoroughly and calmly explaining each of the many steps it would take and everything went as he indicated it would. I now feel so much better and my quality of life is much improved due to Dr. Sellers' fine work. His staff is also very friendly, professional, and competent. I highly recommend Dr. Sellers to anyone needing assistance with any gastrointestinal problems, especially Crohns Disease.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

I was "treated" by Dr. Sellers because I had bleeding with throbbing pain in the rectal area for over a year. He tried using various topical solutions which were very painful and irritated the area. He kept pressuring me to have a colonoscopy while I was in constant pain from this condition. After one and one-half years of this "treatment", the real problem was discovered by my radiation oncologist. He took an X-ray of the area, and found that I had a severely infected swollen hemorrhoid. My oncologist gave me an antibiotic prescription. In three days the pain subsided, and I was cured in ten days. I had at least ten appointments with Dr. Sellers with nothing but more pain as a result. I find it appalling that Dr. Sellers, a specialist is this area, never bothered to take an X-ray, and misdiagnosed a condition that was so easy to treat.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

Dr. Sellers performed my hemorrhoid surgery and did an outstanding job. He has a lot of experience and it shows in the operating table. My recovery was the way he said it would be. His bedside manner is outstanding. Prior to going to Dr. Sellers, I went to another surgeon whose bedside manner was so bad that she made me too scared to get the surgery that I needed. Dr. Sellers was reassuring but at the same time honest about the surgery.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

Compassionate, caring, takes time to listen to problem.......

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

Dr. Sellers was my surgeon for my total colectomy and the take-down of the ileostomy, two months following. I am happy to say that, one year later, I am able to eliminate through a J-pouch, as effectively as someone whose colon is still attached. Dr. Sellers set a plan for the surgery, for the post-surgery care in diet and in pain relief, like no other surgeon, I've ever met. He checked in on me and attended to any complication that arose. I always felt that I could trust him to provide the best quality of care and he never disappointed. He is an excellent surgeon and I highly encourage anyone to check him out. He gave me a quality of life back. Where I had suffered with ulcerative colitis for over 15 years, I am happy to say that my abdomen is finally at peace.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Did not know what to do with me, so he passed me on to someone else that was not helpful at all. I am still dealing with the same problem, but don't know to whom to turn to. Did I ran out of options?

flag | Submitted September 7, 2009

The doctor acts like he cares what the patient wants/needs but in reality only cares about what he's comfortable with. Good surgeon - wish I had a more caring doctor - would not of choose him if I knew the stress I was going to have in the long run.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2009

One of the best in Denver for colorectal surgery

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008

I owe my life to Dr. Sellers. He is wonderful!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2008