Ratings for Dr. Bob Adler

We always have a good experience. We would recommend dr adler

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

This is thew best staff you have had in the office.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

My family has been seeing Dr. Adler for over 30 years. He started with my grandmother many years ago, who has since had a stroke, and he warmly accommodates her wheelchair in his office so she can still be treated comfortably. He did my braces, and his hygienists do my regular cleanings. I have had many compliments on my smile, so I imagine this would mean a job well done. As with every medical office, sometimes my appointment starts late, but the work is always excellent, the staff are most often, if not always, quite lovely and cheerful. I don't find any medical fee to be particularly cheap, but his pricing is fairly equal to other professionals in Toronto. When you ask questions he is evidently very knowledgeable in his field, and seems to keep up to date with new procedures and techniques. I am shocked by and feel bad for those people who had unpleasant experiences. Dr. Adler is a wonderful and skilled dentist, and I have always enjoyed my visits to his office. He would never do anything he didn't believe was necessary in preserving your teeth, nor would he ever do anything without fully explaining, answering questions, and getting full consent. He is an ideal practitioner. I don't know what I am going to do when he retires.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Bob Adler's bedside manner is outstanding. He also does excellent dental work. However, he is probably the most expensive dentist in Toronto. I couldn't afford him anymore so I left his practice. When I switched to my new dentist, I never seemed to have cavities or need work on my teeth. When I went to Dr. Adler, I always seemed to have tons of problems with my teeth and enormous dental bills that I just couldn't afford. I find it curious that my current dentist (20 years now) has done little work on my teeth. He said my teeth are fine and that I have obviously had way too much work done on them (this wears them down). Dr. Adler kept repairing problems with my teeth and I spent a fortune. There are dentists out there that have a philosophy that differs from that of Bob Adler. The alternate philosophy might save your teeth and your pocket book. The philosophy my dentist has is that the more work done on your teeth, the less likely your teeth will last you your lifetime. In other words, they will be worn out with all the dental drilling.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

I consider Dr. Adler an artist in the work he does. When he retires he should sculpt or make jewelry! He is a fine conversationalist as well, with a good sense of humour and zest for life. I referred someone to him who had been traumatized by previous dental experiences and Dr. Adler took the time to help him be calm enough to have dental work done on him again.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

I had a very similar experience to the other commenter. I was with another dentist, my teeth were clean and well cared for. I switched to Dr Adler, and was very pleased by his friendly approach. Then his dental hygienist, Stacy took over, cleaned my already clean teeth and gave me an outrageous bill. I had to pay hundreds of dollars over my %80 insurance coverage. They clearly take advantage of patients with insurance. Which is sad, because I would have gladly stayed with the friendly Dr Adler.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Recently I was diagnosed with Lymphoma and as preparation for my Stem Cell transplant I had to meet with the Cancer Dentist at Princess Margaret Hospital to ensure my teeth were in good shape prior to the procedure. During the exam the cancer dentist he said, " you should tell your dentist he's doing an excellent job and its a pleasure to look at someone's teeth who have had their teeth so well taken care of." There you have it an independent peer review.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

We have been with Dr Adler for the past 8 years or so and have found him to be a very kind, gentle, thorough and thoughtful dentist. He was very patient with our daughter when she was having her first visits, and he has continued to provide great dental care to our whole family without unwarranted work over the years. He has always explained clearly the work to be done and discussed the costs with us. His fees seem to be in keeping with our insurance companies rates. The staff has always been very warm and friendly making our trips to the dentist pleasant rather than stressful. I find the negative comments perplexing and that is why I decided to write this review.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Dr Adler was pleasant and friendly however I had a very negative experience and I'm not going back. I switched to him from another dentist and had my 6 month check up and cleaning. My teeth were in excellent condition and hardly even needed cleaning, no build ups etc. But Dr Adler and his dental hygienist (Stacy or something) gave me a bill of $700. My insurance covers 80% of $500, I had to pay $300. I feel like they're taking advantage of people and making up outrageous bills. Not a trustworthy establishment.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2014

I gave specific directions to his secretary for my child's orthodontic payment plan to take full advantage of my flex benefits. She did not follow it, and as a result, I am $2000 out of pocket. On top it, she was unexpectedly rude. I feel that orthodontic teatment is way overpriced, and regret not taking my child for second opinion.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2013