Ratings for Dr. Howard Berger

After an early miscarriage, I was fortunate to get Dr Berger as my OB for my subsequent pregnancy. He was very proactive, is very knowledgable and always takes the extra effort to make you feel comfortable and always has something to say to calm your nerves! When I was in the Triage for some spotting issues, Dr Berger himself came to see me, did an ultrasound himself and told me everything was OK. I am sad that Dr Berger couldn't deliver my son, but if I were to try again for a child, I am definitely going back to Dr Berger!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

I was referred do Dr Berger for high risk pregnancy because of my diabetes. He made me feel so happy and confident about my pregnancy. He listened to me and answered all my questions and concerns. He is very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. You can tell he loves his job - which he does exceptionally well. I was lucky to have him deliver my baby. He took such good care of us. By far one of the best doctors I have had the privilege to meet.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I was told I was high risk in my 3rd pregnancy. I was suffering from excessive amniotic fluid (can't remember medical term). I was assigned to Dr Berger. At first things were OK because there was no real drama, but as my pregnancy continued I began to feel worse *not normal pregnancy worse*. Every time I spoke to Dr Berger about how I was feeling he shot me down. Eventually neither Dr B nor my husband was listening to me. They even ganged up on me at appointments. Everything was dismissed and came down to the idea that I had anxiety, fear and etc. The biggest issue with my pregnancy was that even as I progressed into the last few weeks baby was still forever breeched...he was never head down. On my last appointmet before my baby was born Dr Berger seemed busy and once again my concerns were unheard. ..I wanted Dr B to try to turn the baby around...that was a Wednesday. I was just going into my 38th week. On Saturday morning my water broke. I went to the hospital and all I remember is a nurse grabbing me putting me on the bed(?) and literally screaming like a crazy person. When I came to. My son had died after birth and they'd given me an emergency c-section. At 38 weeks and still breeched, he'd kicked through and the umbilical cord was outside. My son was strangled by his own umbilical cord. I don't blame Dr Berger per se; but I think being sent to a high risk Dr actually did more harm than good. I spoke about my concerns and feelings at each meeting and he was just too busy. And I wonder, why wouldn't a pregnant woman know that what she was feeling was more than just pregnancy fears? It was after all my 3rd pregnancy.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

We just had our 2nd baby delivered by Dr. Berger and his team. The way he manages his staff and patients is outstanding. Our son was a bit tired and some of the support staff considered manual help. (Suction). Dr. Berger came in, calmed everyone down including my wife and instilled confidence in his whole team. My son was born 15 min later naturally with no complications. Dr. Berger is a truly confident and experienced professional St. Mikes is lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr. Berger is friendly and has great energy. Comes across as genuine. His nurse is more in to socializing with her friends than attending to patience. She even snapped at me once that i didn't go to the lab in time for my glucose testing saying that I needed to stay on top of things. Its my first pregnancy and therefore first glucose test, how can she expect the patient to "stay on top of things" when I'm not familiar with the process. I'm normally waiting 2 hrs to see him for a 2 min consultation. Unless I have any specific questions, he's not proactive in offering information.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Yesterday I experienced my 2nd miscarriage not only I was nervous about the process but knowing this happened again I needed advice on what the best thing to do was because I was suppose to see dr. Berger for my 2nd pregnancy appt next Friday. When I called st. Mikes prenatal clinic Angela the gem that she is got a hold of dr Berger right away for me so I can talk to him about my concern. As always what he does best, gives the best sound advice. From day one when he became my OB last year with my son I never felt more confident, comfortable and so appreciative of him he is the DR for all the right reason. Sad that I won't see him this Friday on what was suppose to be my 2nd pregnancy appt- but I know for when I get blessed again to be pregnant he will be there always calming my nervous and handling my complications with ease as he does best! He is the true meaning of DOCTOR ( Dedicated, Outstanding, Caring, Thoughtful, Open, Respectful)

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

I could never say enough great things about this dr. He has followed me through 2 of my pregnancies and today was my first appointment with him for our next baby. I feel very lucky and fortunate to have Dr Berger follow my pregnancies. I have had many different Dr's for many reasons over the years and never have I met a Dr that could even compare to Dr Berger. If you are his patient, you know you are well taken care of. I live over an hour and a half away from his office and still wouldn't even consider seeing someone else. He is worth the drive.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Simply the best!!!! Never have I experienced such a caring dr. U would have 5 more kids knowing he could deliver them.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Can someone please let me know where I can contact him? I would like to become a patient of his but I can't seem to find any information above. The links above are taking me to random websites. Thank you in advance!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I didn't know there was such a doctor existed. Not that my previous doctor was horrible but Dr. Berger is simply the best of the best. He's caring, knowledgable and funny! His memory is so good too. How nice it is to go into a doctor's appointment where the doctor would remember you without looking at your chart! Sadly I'm being transfered to Sunnybrooks because the travel from my home is too far, but would have loved to stay with Dr. Berger otherwise. Couldn't be better.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016