Ratings for Dr. Irene Chan

Unless you know exactly what you need and to ask for in terms of test, prescription, and diagnoses, I do not recommend this doctor. She will not recommend or do any follow ups. Receptionist is very rude, asking for your file number to identify you and expressing her frustration when you dont know it. The office hours is ridiculous, you would need to take time off to fot into their schedule.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

The worst receptionist I have ever visited. THE END

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

I have been going to Dr Irene Chan for years now and I am currently seeking a new family doctor. The receptionist is rude and Dr. Irene - though a very nice lady - is very brief. I feel like she doesn't really give me a good look before giving me a diagnosis. When I went to another doctor for a refill while Dr. Irene was away, apparently the diagnosis she gave me was incorrect along with the medication I have been taking for years! I would only recommend her if you need a quick prescription for something - she will provide it with no question in a heart beat.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

All of the negative comments are accurate, and the place has not improved since 2012. The receptionalist is still rude, still has absolutely no patience or empathy towards the patients, and runs the place like a butcher herding cattles to the slaughter house. The physician is fast, but inefficient and unhelpful, if efficiency is a function of actually helping the patient and addressing the patient need, and helpfulness is remotely related to addressing the patient's concerns for which the consultation is sought in the first place.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Wow, the receptionist was brisk, short tempered and unhelpful. You're suppose to be nice to sick people right? Especially if you want to go into the health sector. She seemed like she didn't have the time of day to deal with me. Some of the worst service I've seen. The doctor, however, is nice and welcoming.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

She does not care. She does not see you as a patient, let alone a person. She starts walking out the door after a few minutes - while you are still talking. She is dominating, rude and condescending. She will not send you for necessary tests. Found out what was wrong only after I went to another doctor. She immediately ordered the tests.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

She no longer has a walk in time. She limits herself to 20 patients per day. You have secure "a date appointment" and no given time appointment. How this works is that say if you are supposed to go in on Monday 1/9/2012, then u can be there between open to close and u will be seen on a first come first serve basis. They only take calls between 11am - 1pm and are very busy. There's a fee of $60 for no shows. This new system has made it very inconvenient for many of her loyal patients.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

Some of you guys have a good point. Time is money, and it looks like she has the reputation as being very fast, get the patient, and try to get the patient as soon as possible. But which doctor isn't doing this? Been seeing her since 98, or when she opened up the office. I personally wish she didn't that much leave. But she knows what she's talking about. Most of the times, I don't feel rushed, as she usually takes her time, but yea.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

My son and I have been going to Dr Chan for a number of years, and have found her to be caring, and on point. For those of you complaining, it seems that you want to sit around and chat. That's not what she's there for. Bring in a note with you, of your symptoms, and when and how often they occur; that helps her make a quicker diagnoses. We love her.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2011

Dr. Chan is a very knowledgeable doctor and very professional. I had problems with family doctors and nobody can beat her. I already live in Surrey but still goes to her Vancouver clinic because she's the only doctor I trust for my family's well being

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011