Dr. Adam L. Basner

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Adam L. Basner

I had a face lift several years ago. I chose Dr. Basner because of the ratings, which seemed pretty good, with some very negatives and most good. I felt the negatives were outweighed by the good. Well, I learned the hard way, that the negatives had very solid reasons to complain. At first, all seemed to go well. "Seemed" being the key word here. Surgery day was rather rushed in the start, which I figured normal. But in the end, I am left wondering if "rushed" was part of the problem with my outcome. Perhaps trying to fit in too many surgeries in a day, is a time element that might work for the pocketbook, but not so well for the patient. I was excited, and overlooked the few concerns I had after surgery, with promises from Dr. Basner that things would improve, to just give it time. Each and every visit for months afterward, he gave me the same excuses. I was promised that he would fix my chin and cheekbone problem, that it would be an easy fix, but to give it more time. After a year, I became insistant, to no avail. Promises were just words, and no action. One revision to one eye was made, and the other lumps in the other eye promised and never done. My eyes have been my best feature and he talked me into working on them. In the end, one eye shaped different than the other, and smaller opening. Scars very visible even with makeup, and 6 years after still the same. A crease forming on the jawline promised to repair, and never did. I finally took him to court and that was a lesson in futility. He came armed with an attorney and his expert witness, which I am sure was an associate/friend, that cost him nothing. Me, on the other hand, had no expert witness because it would have cost me thousands of dollars to pay a specialist for a day in court. So, it turns out the case was not heard on it's merits, being the proof of all that occurred along with my face showing the damages. Instead, it was thrown out on a technicality, that I had no expert witness. So people...when you choose a cosmetic surgeon, BEWARE...if things go wrong, and that doctor doesn't do the right thing and repair his mistakes, or have another doctor repair his mistakes at no cost to you, the patient....taking that doctor to court is either so expensive that it would be cheaper to go have the repairs done by another doctor, if the problem CAN be repaired, or taking that doctor to court is so stacked against you, that it is a huge waste of time. You won't win in the long run. Dr. Basner comes across as the nicest man on earth, before your surgery. But, afterwards, it is a whole different story, if there are any problems. I know the good ratings on here seem to outweigh the negative ones, but you truly should take the negative ones into account. I didn't, and I truly regret it. He shouldn't be allowed to get away with these things. And if you try to look up anything, anywhere in US about any other lawsuits or problems, on him or any doctor, you won't find it. They really know how to hide that stuff. Good luck, go ELSEWHERE.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2019

I Just completed several procedures. Mini facelift neck left, breast reduction, Liposuction and a Brazilian butt lift. I was initially very concerned about doing so many procedures at one time but he assured me that I would be just fine. I am so thrilled with my results! Colleen, Dr. Basners assistant couldn’t be more helpful with whatever questions I had before or after my procedure. Dr. Basner is warm and caring. I appreciated his opinions doing my consultation and his caring manner during my subsequent visits after my procedure. I have already recommended him to several of my friends who have since scheduled their procedures. I Highly recommend Dr Basner!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

Dr. Basner and staff are all top notch. Efficient, timely, warm and competent. I am beyond happy with the care I received at Dr. Basners office. I obtained better results than I thought possible. Breasts and stomach are perfect.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I'm extremely pleased with the outcome of my procedure. It looks completely natural, and I look years younger- even without makeup. I haven't revealed to anyone the reason for my transformation; some have guessed I have a new haircut, or that I've been on vacation. I just smile. Dr. Basner and his staff are very laid back while still being extremely professional. The experience seemed normal and natural- not at all like Joan Rivers (lol). Dr. Basner "got" my sense of humor and was able to respond in kind- unusual for a doctor...

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I was treated like a "queen" from the day I walked in for my consult. I would like to thank The Plastic Surgery Center of Maryland for my care and Dr. Basner for his fantastic work. I never thought I would look this good at 48. If anyone mentions plastic surgery, I always refer them to you. With you, I know their satisfaction is guaranteed. Again, Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

I had an awesome experience with awesome results. Dr. Basner did an amazing job with my tummy tuck and liposuction. I had no real pain afterwards just soreness. I love my new hour glass figure. He is the absolute best!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

Apprehensive to get rhinoplasty. Dr. Basner was referred to me by a friend. Checked his before and afters out online. COULNOT HAVE HAD A BETTER EXPERIENCE OR RESULT. Every single employee is kind and happy to help with any questions. I asked a lot and called a lot and every time was treated by such pleasant people. Dr. Basner is nice and down to earth and approachable. I felt completely taken care of. He is what you'd want in a doctor if you ever have to have plastic surgery. Thank you.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Extremely pleased! Before my procedures, I would show up to work after a good nights sleep feeling great. But upon seeing my first co-worker, I would hear "Man, you look tired." It was the permanent bags under my eyes. The procedure fixed that. Also, after the tummy tuck and 6 weeks of no physical activity, I'm on my way to working on my 6 pack abs. Great feeling. Highly recommended! Don't wait any longer if you want to look and feel better.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I want to start by saying my bubs look amazing! They are exactly what I envisioned when I decided I wanted to do a breast augmentation. Dr. Basner was informative and really put me at ease. The procedure wasn't taxing at all, as a matter of fact, I stopped using pain medication two days after my procedure. Dr. Basner and his staff were supportive following my procedure by checking on me and answering questions whenever I had them. All in all, I am very pleased. I get nothing but compliments on how natural they look and feel!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I had thought long and hard before deciding to go through the Rhino/Septoplasty and liposuction. I was afraid the result would be a "fake", "distorted" look of myself. instead, results are better than I had imagined. I wish I had done it sooner. My improved look has brought so much added confidence and radiance that has not only improved my life but my marital relationship and my outlook in life (for sure improved positively). I will be clear, surgery was painful and tough to recover from, but the benefits far outweigh the temporary pain and discomfort.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr. Adam L. Basner's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1989)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal