You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Gary May

I love how this is a rate MD site and peeps like to dis the secretaries. First off all, they are secretaries for the Dr. - not a receptionist - meaning they don't just sit there and look pretty. They actually work quite hard. The secretaries are NOT drs and I have seen many patients expect the secretaries to answer questions they aren't allowed to and then get upset and write nasty things about them. The other problem about these sites is that anybody can write anything they want, for example, you get mad and you want your "revenge"... you also get your friend who, by the way has never been in the office, write something nasty about the secretary. The secretary works for the dr. the secretary does what the dr. tells her/him. It is not up to the patient to becon or demand things from the secretary. For all you nasty pts who like to bully the secretary, I double dare you to act like that to the dr. By the way, Dr. May is great, and I think his secretary is too.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

May never gets to the surgery part. It goes like this: consult->promise of corrective surgery->tests such as MRI/CT->consult four months later. Then repeat. Gallbladder needs to be removed because of stones, but can’t be until Dr. May gets around to repairing the pancreas. Meanwhile, constant pain and weight loss. Health deteriorating quickly and will not be a surgical candidate due to all May’s delay tactics.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

I have been waiting for three months for a referral to be made to another department in St. Michaels Hospital. I have enquirer politely a few times about it. I don't want to get on the secretary's bad side. I see other in demand specialists at St. Michaels Hospital and have never encountered this kind of issue. In fact, I have found other departments to be very efficient,

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

I agree about his secretary. I had an appt. for april 9, 2016 and I called to confirm she told me it was cancelled. I asked her why and she said because Dr. May was sending me to a surgeon for something else. I was booked for apr.9th to have a stent put in, she tells me she can't give me another appt because he is booked up, so now I have to live with pancreatits and nausea until I can get another appt.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Dr. May is wonderful! Kind, patient and polite. But his secretary is the opposite! Agree with other comments. While waiting her personal phone calls were constant. On our first visit when we brought my husband's image disc for Dr. May to review she lost it. We only just gave it to her half hour before. She finally found it in another patients file! Then when waiting on a referral appointment I called the other dr to check if an appt was scheduled told me that we missed it a few weeks prior. Dr. May's secretary was to let us know but didn't. Was very rude on the phone claiming she left a message. We were home anxiously waiting for this call but no message was received. Since it was during the 2 week Christmas holiday everyone was home. Not efficient at all!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

Receptionist very very rude to patient on phone and in person

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

In September of 2014 I was in to see Dr. May regarding a bowel obstruction. Dr. May was great at explaining what he was going to do during the procedure to help me. Unfortunately I had to sit in the waiting area for 2.5 hours before I was able to see Dr. May. During this time I heard his receptionist take numerous personal calls but let all the business calls go to voice mail. After my consultation he told his receptionist to book me in ASAP for the procedure. She told me that she was booking for January 2015 at the time and that it would be sooner if she put me on the cancelation waiting list, so I agreed. She finally called me in February 2015 and asked if I could come in the next day. I pointed out that as per her original instructions the prep would take 3 days. She said she forgot and that she would put me back on the list. It has now been 11 months since my original consolation and I have not yet gotten an appointment for my procedure. And none of my calls or my regular GI's calls are being returned.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

I just read the last comment about Dr. May's assistant and I think she is one of the nicest secretaries I have encountered. I see many doctors and Dr. May's is excellent but I must say his secretary is a gem. I know that she is extremely busy with the patient load that Dr. May has and she must have bad days but I definitely think she is amazing. She has always been helpful and kind with me and if I needed to be seen right away she does her best to fit me in. She has a tough job and she does her very best and it is a shame that someone had to comment that she isnt nice.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

His Secretary not nice! if your in waiting room just listen to how she talks down to patients it's really sad but dr may nicest doctor ever and he makes up for it! ☺

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Dr. Gary May's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love how this is a rate MD site and peeps like to dis the secretaries. First off all, they are secretaries for the Dr. - not a receptionist - meaning they do..."

May 13, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "May never gets to the surgery part. It goes like this: consult->promise of corrective surgery->tests such as MRI/CT->consult four months later. Then repeat. Gal..."

April 8, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been waiting for three months for a referral to be made to another department in St. Michaels Hospital. I have enquirer politely a few times about it. I ..."

February 20, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I agree about his secretary. I had an appt. for april 9, 2016 and I called to confirm she told me it was cancelled. I asked her why and she said because Dr. Ma..."

February 5, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. May is wonderful! Kind, patient and polite. But his secretary is the opposite! Agree with other comments. While waiting her personal phone calls were ..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "The dr is lovely, the secretary is SO unprofessional, rude. I agree with the other comments about her. "

November 25, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Receptionist very very rude to patient on phone and in person"

October 15, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "In September of 2014 I was in to see Dr. May regarding a bowel obstruction. Dr. May was great at explaining what he was going to do during the procedure to hel..."

August 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just read the last comment about Dr. May's assistant and I think she is one of the nicest secretaries I have encountered. I see many doctors and Dr. May's is..."

July 29, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "His Secretary not nice! if your in waiting room just listen to how she talks down to patients it's really sad but dr may nicest doctor ever and he makes up fo..."

July 20, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.myvisioncare.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "L4Z 1H8". Address has been updated from "None" to "2 Robert Speck Parkway". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19056150500".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. May was called in to consult when my son partially transected his pancreas. Decision was to try to place a stent to try to get pancreas to fuse back togeth..."

May 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gary May and his staff, Chu and Abdur were all incredible. I had my procedure on May-20th. "

May 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I thought my life was done when my GI left Toronto. Well I met Dr. May and he is incredibly gentle, kind, caring and professional. He is THE BEST. I notice ..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "My pancreas necrotised (died) by late 2005 and I became Dr. May's patient in early 2006. He is an excellent GI who dares to be approachable by e-mail, unlike m..."

January 28, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I though my world came to an end when I lost my gastroenterologist. Then I encountered Dr. May. He has the best bedside manner and will explain things in common..."

December 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "There is no better Doctor in this world hands down!"

December 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The very best G.I. Doc I have ever met. I just hope he continues to practice for many years to come. There is no one better!"

December 8, 2014