You may also like

Rate Dr. Gary May

Dr. Gary May's Ratings

In September of 2014 I was in to see Dr. May regarding a bowel obstruction.
Dr. May was great at explaining what he was going to do during the procedure to help me.
Unfortunately I had to sit in the waiting area for 2.5 hours before I was able to see Dr. May.
During this time I heard his receptionist take numerous personal calls but let all the business calls go to voice mail.
After my consultation he told his receptionist to book me in ASAP for the procedure.
She told me that she was booking for January 2015 at the time and that it would be sooner if she put me on the cancelation waiting list, so I agreed.
She finally called me in February 2015 and asked if I could come in the next day. I pointed out that as per her original instructions the prep would take 3 days. She said she forgot and that she would put me back on the list.
It has now been 11 months since my original consolation and I have not yet gotten an appointment for my procedure.
And none of my calls or my regular GI's calls are being returned.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2899354].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2015

I just read the last comment about Dr. May's assistant and I think she is one of the nicest secretaries I have encountered. I see many doctors and Dr. May's is excellent but I must say his secretary is a gem. I know that she is extremely busy with the patient load that Dr. May has and she must have bad days but I definitely think she is amazing. She has always been helpful and kind with me and if I needed to be seen right away she does her best to fit me in. She has a tough job and she does her very best and it is a shame that someone had to comment that she isnt nice.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2880661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

His Secretary not nice! if your in waiting room just listen to how she talks down to patients it's really sad but dr may nicest doctor ever and he makes up for it! ☺

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2871201].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Dr. May was called in to consult when my son partially transected his pancreas. Decision was to try to place a stent to try to get pancreas to fuse back together vs having to remove part of it. 24 hours post op now and things are looking great! Thanks for daring to be great Dr. May!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2817733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Dr Gary May and his staff, Chu and Abdur were all incredible. I had my procedure on May-20th.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2816639].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

I thought my life was done when my GI left Toronto. Well I met Dr. May and he is incredibly gentle, kind, caring and professional. He is THE BEST. I notice that he is busier and busier and I feel bad for him as that stress and pace cannot be good for his own health. I am lucky to have him as my Doctor!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2785121].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

My pancreas necrotised (died) by late 2005 and I became Dr. May's patient in early 2006. He is an excellent GI who dares to be approachable by e-mail, unlike most doctors stuck in 20th century communication MOs. He helped me manage my metabolism "sans pancreas" and I am about to revisit him. Good to hear that his staff has improved ...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2701561].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

I though my world came to an end when I lost my gastroenterologist. Then I encountered Dr. May. He has the best bedside manner and will explain things in common terms. He took in consideration my fears and modified treatment to make me feel comfortable. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2666961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2014

There is no better Doctor in this world hands down!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2649107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

The very best G.I. Doc I have ever met. I just hope he continues to practice for many years to come. There is no one better!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2646579].votes_count ]]