Ratings for Dr. Gary May

Amazing Doctor, with a fantastic staff. I received the best treatment there, when 2 other hospitals failed to treat me. Thank you to all the Doctors and staff at St. Michael's 16th floor Cardinal Carter.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Dr. Gary May saved my mother's deteriating health and removed a stone in her Gall bladder that two other doctors could not. Thank you Dr. May you will forever be in my prayers for helping my mom and your staff too were amazing. Best doctor EVER!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

The doctor is a top rate professional. Unfortunately, his secretary drags him down. I agree with a previous rating that the secretary is a very unpleasant person to deal with. She does not return calls for appointment. Her voice message sounds as if she is the busiest person in the world. Yet, on a few occasions I passed by her cubicle (and sat down for a few minutes to observe if she was that busy), her voice message is a big lie.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

The IMPECCABLE PROFESSIONAL - the Doctor I felt in absolute "Best Hands" with my pancreas problems! Starting with the appointment confirmation - a full page (e-mail) of clear directions how to get to his office. Courteous, helpful secretary, minimal waiting time (20 minutes). Dr. Gary May took his time to explain in ample detail the findings of my 2 MRIs, the specifics of my particular case as compared to the g-ral population with pancreas problems, and the exact reasons why he suggested the type & timing of future monitoring. I left his office with the reassuring feeling that a) he cares about my health as much as a trusted friend or family member, and b) I know everything I need to know about my condition and its future potential implications. One can not expect anything more or better from a health care professional! He literally re-established my trust in the profession after 2 pitiful experiences at Princess Margaret Hospital: at the first appointment the doctor there could not locate my MRI results I was called in to discuss; and at the 2nd appointment (get this) the doctor DID NOT SHOW UP !

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Simply the finest Doctor I have ever met. Excellent communicator and exceptionally knowledgeable

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

An amazing doctor, listens to me about concerns I had, took the time to explain the procedure to me even though I have had the same procedure many times.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

The very best. There is no better. The quintesential professional and the most skilled Doctor I have ever met.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

I have had many surgical procedures in my life due to a bad burn as a young boy. I would put Dr. May right at the top of all of the doctors that have operated on me. His bedside manner and respect for the patient is excellent. He takes the time to explain exactly what the procedure will entail. It certainly explains why he is at the top of his field!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Experience is OK but time wasted is real problem.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

Dr. May was a real disappointment. Dr. May is very knowledgeable but for whatever reason did a very cursory job in my case and completely missed diagnosing me with what I told him at our very first meeting that I had. I had MUCH better assistance at another gastroenterology clinic with a doctor who actually listened to what I said, sent me for the right test, and lo and behold I was right. I'm not sure how I could have made the diagnosis easier for Dr. May. Very disappointing experience and his secretary is a very unpleasant person to deal with.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017