Ratings for Dr. Gary May

I have been a patient of Dr May for over 15 years. He has played the MOST IMPORTANT role in my chronic Pancreatic illness. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field , always having a new idea to help with my illness yet, if needed he has NOT EVER hesitated to cola berate my condition with other specialists. Either at scheduled appointments, emergency visits at the hospital or even through e-mails, he always listens and discusses my condition with my husband and I in great lengths. His positive and calm personality makes me at ease before every procedure. What I love the most about him is that he has countless amounts of patients yet, he has always truly cared about my condition and always has a plan B if his plan A was not as successful as he wished. I will end by saying thank you Dr. May for all of your time, efforts and care you have presented to me. I have the outmost respect for you . I am for ever grateful to you and your wonderful staff. May God always keep you safe, healthy, happy and full of love.🦋

flag | Submitted November 27, 2019

Secretary is rude, lazy and incompetent. Completely dropped the ball on scheduling my mother's yearly checkup. When my mother called to follow up, his secretary refused to schedule any appointments and said she would "call back". This never happened and due to her inability to check the chart to see that routine appointments did occur, we lost precious time in getting a proper diagnosis for my mother when she became sick. Which led to going to other hospitals only to be told that she needed to check back with her regular "specialist".

flag | Submitted August 1, 2019

I should have read reviews before I tried to contact his office in order to save my nerves. That hysterical and disrespectful secretary interrupted every single my line and almost cut me off. This is shame for St.Michaels, of such reputation to have these kinds of administrative employees.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2019

Dr.May is my GI Specialist now for the last 4 years. After going through quite a number of his colleagues (a long, frustrating experience), I found Dr.May absolutely impeccable: he was most considerate, while managing to also keep an easy going approach, minimizing the usual stress level in doctor-patient situations. He took his time to explain in detail my condition, and answered my questions making sure that I fully understand his answers. Luckily my condition did not necessitate any immediate intervention, but only regular, thorough monitoring. All in all he gives me year after year the reassurance of being in really "good hands". His secretary is a very professional and efficient "down to business" lady, making sure I leave the office with all the necessary dates and instructions for the required follow-ups. What more can one expect from his health care professional?

flag | Submitted April 10, 2019

Dr. May is the best of the best. I had a pancreas issue and saw several doctors over the past 8 months. Dr. May was able to determine the problem and now we know the direction for improvement. If you have an appointment with him, you are very lucky.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2019

Great physician I have nothing but wonderful things to say about him but I agree with all the comments about the secretary. She is rude, doesn't answer the phone EVER or return your call and if you ask her about it she has even more of an attitude. I went to the hospitals patient relations department and put in a compliant. I suggest that everyone do the same, so we can have this kind and experienced physician find someone better suited.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2019

I recently had a procedure done by Doctor May. I had an 8:30 a.m. appointment & didn’t wait more than 15 minutes then was taken in to get ready. I informed his nursing staff how frightened I was etc & they were very supportive & kind. They told me to talk with Doctor May before my procedure started. He was so kind & helpful explaining things to me & it did help. I did inform him that I don’t do well with medical “stuff”. I was able to use my earplugs so I didn’t have to hear what was going on & also asked for a towel over my eyes as the monitor was straight ahead of me & I didn’t want to see anything. The procedure took less than 20 minutes & I was told the doctor would either talk with me while in the recovery room or I was to get dressed & would see him in the waiting room. I was in the waiting room less than 5 minutes when he called me & explained his findings. I asked him a few questions which were answered in language I could understand. Totally impressed with Doctor May.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2018

Dr. May is the best doctor I have ever had, and I have seen many. He takes his time, asks questions and thinks methodically before making a decision. He saved my life, and gave me a life. I was in excessive pain, saw many other doctors prior to him and once I met him he knew exactly what to do. He is kind and genuinely cares about his patients. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Those words do not explain the gratitude I feel. I noticed many negative reviews about this support staff. I've experienced nothing but an empathetic, positive and helpful relationship. I'm a genuine believer of what you put out into the universe you will receive back. So let's treat each other with kindness and respect and we will be treated that way in return.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

Pleasant, efficient very bright and willing to take time to explain things and answer questions.

Submitted October 15, 2018

Dr May is fantastic. I feel so incredibly blessed to have been referred to him. And despite how busy he is, he always takes the time to communicate with you personally and to carefully explain the results. Thank you thank you thank you.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2018