Ratings for Dr. Gary May

Very unpleasant secretary. Seems like a nice, knowledgeable doctor ,but there are more visits and follow ups to come in the future and procedures to be done, so will see how fast that will be arranged .I hope he wont drag me for months or years before my problem is fixed.It is a nightmare living in pain and despair and I am really hopeful Dr.May will return my faith in Canadian medicine.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

I recently had the pleasure to be seen by Dr. May. He is extremely professional and has the ability to explain what should be the most complicated in the easiest way possible. He is extremely busy but the best doctor's usually are. Contrary to other comments I found his support staff extremely helpful as well. Give his poor secretary a break I am sure there is so much (pardon me) BS for her to put up with from patients

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

I like the way Dr May explained everything sat on the side of the bed and just talk to you just so that you understood everything excellent excellent doctor thank you for all the work that you've done on me

flag | Submitted March 3, 2018

Excellent physician and tops in his field. His secretary is problematic , doesn’t respond to patient’s emails when directed after a proceedure to book a follow up appointment. Then away for a six week holiday without any notice on the standard email response re redirecting the issue to another person. My family doctors who made the referral has received NO follow info since the aug 2017or Jan 18 proceedure. More attention is needed around quality improvement in patient relations with his office staff!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Absolutely the most uncaring human I have ever met!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

Dr. May was wonderful to deal with however his secretary is a different story. I phoned her twice never received a response. I then went down to St Mikes and left a note on her her desk.... still no answer. Not sure what else I can do.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

I agree to comment below regarding his secretary - VERY unpleasant to deal with. He himself is great but to have to deal with such an unpleasant person on every phone call is disappointing

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Amazing Doctor, with a fantastic staff. I received the best treatment there, when 2 other hospitals failed to treat me. Thank you to all the Doctors and staff at St. Michael's 16th floor Cardinal Carter.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Dr. Gary May saved my mother's deteriating health and removed a stone in her Gall bladder that two other doctors could not. Thank you Dr. May you will forever be in my prayers for helping my mom and your staff too were amazing. Best doctor EVER!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

The doctor is a top rate professional. Unfortunately, his secretary drags him down. I agree with a previous rating that the secretary is a very unpleasant person to deal with. She does not return calls for appointment. Her voice message sounds as if she is the busiest person in the world. Yet, on a few occasions I passed by her cubicle (and sat down for a few minutes to observe if she was that busy), her voice message is a big lie.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017