Ratings for Dr. R.J. Britton

I found him pleasant and professional, he explained in detail what I wanted to know and needed done. The wait is long, yes, I was there 2 hours and spent 10 minutes with him, but we don't have enough specialists, and with our aging population the waits will get longer.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

Dr. Britton is an excellent doctor although a bit on the arrogant side. His secretary is horrendous with no compassion, terrible customer relations and always looks like you are bothering her. He would help his reputation if he were to change his staff!!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

If you don't mind waiting a minimum of 1 hour (likely much longer) for ANY appointment then I guess you'll see this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

My husband has lost 50% of his eyesight to glaucoma. The office staff doesn't answer their phone, they and the doctor are arrogant and don't listen. Even another specialist who examined his eyes in emergency said his glaucoma was not being treated properly.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

I'm relieved to see that others find Dr. Robert Britton to be a tad on the arrogant side and most definitely condescending. However that said I've heard that he is one of the top glaucoma specialists out there so for the sake of our vision we just gotta take our lumps eh?

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

He's a little arrogant, and curt. If I had a choice, I would have preferred to see somebody else. At his age he is probably practising because there are probably not enough specialists in his field for him to be able to go play golf.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

A very good ophthalmologist, he saved my left eye with Lucentis and a laser therapy. He was very efficient and very knowledgeable. I am a teacher in a french College and he saved my job too...THANKS

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

Been "seeing" this guy for 6 years now. He assumes and chastises me for not taking glaucoma seriously. Yet this office apparently can't bother to implement appointment reminders. Would have liked to known that in advance. Asking questions seem to irritate him. His exam light is so damn bright that I can't keep my eyes open it hurts so much. He is impatient and arrogant at times that I can't help having trouble trusting his knowledge and expertise. If I could change to a more pleasant personality I would but specialists are rare.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Britton by an ER doctor after I lost the vision in my eye.After making me wait over an hour for my appointment he did not introduce himself to me or apologize for the wait.I explained my symptoms to him and he put some drops in my eye.I was then sent out to the waiting room for what I was told would be 10 minutes while the drops work.Another hour later, I was called again.Dr. Britton examined me and performed various tests. He told me that he could not figure out why I had lost my vision in my eye, and that if it had something to do with my eye or my optic nerve, that he would be able to find it.He said "not that I don't believe you, but I have never seen these symptoms before".He then told me I would have to see a neurologist as whatever was wrong with me was neurological and more serious than just an eye problem.When I saw the neurologist he informed me right away that it was Optic Neuritis,inflammation of the Optic Nerve, and that it should have been diagnosed by an Opthamologist.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010