Ratings for Dr. Raul Carvalho

Dr Carvalho has been our family doc for more than 30 years, since I was 1 yrs old. He WAS great up until he started getting older. I think he should just retire. Its seems as if he doesnt care anymore the older he gets, all he does is prescribe meds instead of looking deeper into the problem. He even told me I wasnt pregnant and that he couldnt understand why all 3 at home test showed positive when IM NOT. After I went to a walk in clinic and the doc said I WAS. I was 10 wks! After my mom passed I started looking into her health history and there was just a bunch of meds prescribed to her instead of getting blood work and test work done. Same issue with my dad, he was prescribed 3 months of amoxicillin and told take it everytime you cough! So NOW my dad is seeing a new Dr. Who is on top of EVERYTHING! PLEASE SEEK ANOTHER DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Dr Carvalho WAS our family Dr for years. He even delivered me and I'm almost 30. He used to be a good Dr either that or we just didn't know any better. The wait times are terrible but I can and will deal with that for a Dr that is worth it and he is not. Thanks to his laziness on testing my father for simple tests, my father had to undergo major surgery this year. If we hadn't left this "Dr's" practice he could have died if the situation got any worse. He does not like to refer you to do any tests or see any specialists. He would rather prescribe all the drugs in the world instead of helping with preventative medicine. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. If you want prescription after prescription for no reason, see this Dr. If you want him to just assume you have a condition just from 1-2 symptoms rather than doing a simple urine or blood test, see this Dr. Thankfully my entire family has found a new Dr we can trust. The only decent thing about this Dr was his staff, they did the best they could even when he was clearly overbooked just so he could make more money.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

Do the dud who is complaining about waiting, would you rather have a morong speed through everything and misdiagnose you? or someone take their time and make sure everything is checked out?

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

Dr.Carvalho is bright, he listens to you symptoms, formulates a very in depth diagnosis and explains it to you very simply! He is funny, he makes you feel very comfortable in an environment that most people feel akward in. And most importantly he is extremely caring! Those of us that are lucky enough to have him as our doctor, we should count our blessings! :)

flag | Submitted July 27, 2008

I'm am willing to wait DAYS for this guy!Having been to numerous Doctors over my life time I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Dr.Carvalho is the best and most knowledgeable doctors I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. What the point of having a Doctor see you right away if they just quickly diagnose you and throw you out the door. This guy cares and THAT TAKES TIME! I will ALWAYS wait for someone who really cares about my well-bring, no matter how long it takes!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008