Ratings for Dr. Don E. Cheatum

I have been seeing Dr. Cheatum for approx. 5 years. He is not very talkative. I saw bad feedback on his beside manor however I can deal with that if he is good at what he does. He definitely is thorough and got me a diagnosis. I was in so much pain. I cried when he said the meds would not take effect for 6 months but in actuality it was 2. I was so relieved but he said he could not tell me sooner because he did not know exactly how I would respond. He was so concerned and helpful. he is a matter of fact and just is so busy cause he is the best. I have found when you actually talk to him he does respond in kind. he is just not forthcoming because of his hours and many patients. He has helped me tremendously. Some of his staff is set in their ways and not friendly but others are find. I continue to see him and would recommend to anyone who wants a thorough examination, testing to get a excellent diagnosis.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Cheatum for almost 4 years. I have to go in every 6 months. It is not the friendliest of staff....more there to get a paycheck and move on. Any of my other doctors as soon as I mention his name all say he is one of the best...which makes me feel good. However he does not have the best bedside manors so you have to look past that. He is very thorough.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Cheatum for over 7yrs now. he has helped improve my quality of life substantially. I was in bed suffering from pain day after day. Dr. Cheatum finally diagnosed me and has worked hard ro get my Meds ironed out. It's a work in progress but Im getting better for sure.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Just quit you are not helping but hurting you have broken your oath!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

I have not had any problems with Dr Cheatum or his staff whatsoever. He has been very thorough and very helpful answering all of my questions. With the proper diagnosis and treatment, I feel better than I have in years!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Dr. Cheatum is a great doctor. If you're looking for a dance partner I suggest going somewhere else, as his bedside manner is very straight to the point. I was almost dead when I went to him after a year, I can honestly say that I am much, much better. As far as his office staff is concerned, they have been very very accommodating. I either fly or drive to my appointment from South Louisiana.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

The office manager Manuela is the rudest & most hateful person I have ever met. Very unsympathetic, never even looks at you while your at the check in desk, complete control freak. If you make any comment to her she makes you wait longer. I made a comment that I had been over looked & some patients were being seen before me but I had been there longer. I was not rude to her just reminded her how long I had been there. She yelled at me in front of everyone in the office. I waited a few minutes longer & left as I had an infusion treatment & was pre-medicated. Once she realized I had left she had Dorothy call me & tell me my infusion would not be covered under insurance unless I saw the Doctor after (totally false). I went back the next day on Saturday (unscheduled) & Cheatum did see me. I told him what happened & he said he would talk to her. I have had several problems with her since then. If he wasn't such a good doctor I would be long gone by now. He has helped me with my Lupus but if nothing is done with that Witch in the office I will look for care else where. Not worth being upset & unhappy.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I'm torn. Half of his staff is terribly rude and the other half not so much. He wouldn't refill my medications until I made the five hour drive to see him. I was relieved when someone finally gave me a diagnosis I could hold on to, but as time progresses non of the medications seem to help. He told me "You know this is never going to go away right?" Yea, but shouldn't my condition improve instead of decline? I think perhaps he has been in the business too long and has forgotten how to listen to his patients.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

Absolute worst experience I've ever had with any doctor and I'm not even the patient. My wife has had horrible experiences with this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

The most awful and the rudest office staff I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Considering seeing a different doctor because I can no longer tolerate the rude and unprofessional behavior of the staff there. Dorothy was extremely rude and unwilling to help.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Dr. Don E. Cheatum's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1964)