Ratings for Dr. Richard E. Abernathy

Dr. Abernathy was the on-call doctor in the ER when I came in with appendicitis. He was very thoughtful and informative and did everything he could to get me back into surgery. Unfortunately the appendix had ruptured by the time they got me in, but he did a thorough job with the procedure and reassured me that everything was going to be fine. I just had my follow up with him and waited maybe all of 5 minutes before I saw him. Which in my mind is great because I hate waiting at a doctor's office! I would recommend him to anyone. Very great bedside manner!!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2012

This is an exceptional physician. Dr. Abernathy has performed a number of surgeries on both myself and my wife, and he's routinely excellent. I can't say enough about this man's experience and effectiveness.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2008

The doc is top-notch. I've seen him for minor skin issues and major organ extraction. If I need anything sliced up or cut off, tacky as that sounds, I've trusted him with my health for years. He is exceptionally knowledgeable about a broad range of medical issues, and incredibly insightful. He sees surgery as part of your bigger health picture, and takes the trouble to see that bigger picture at every step along the way. His staff is also really delightful.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2007

Dr. Richard E. Abernathy's Credentials

• University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan