Ratings for Dr. Michael P. Curiel

The doctor ran through standard checks and questions extremely fast, left no time for me to ask questions, and had me out the door in five minutes. After claiming that they ordered an MRI and sent paperwork to my insurance for authorization, we found out that they in fact sent nothing, the insurance required no authorization, and it was merely sitting on the doctor's desk for a week. Their answering service out-of-hours was rude and unhelpful. They also claimed to be closed on Fridays, though their website states otherwise. It has been an extremely frustrating process, especially considering the gravity of the situation when neurological problems are involved, and I ultimately decided to go to another doctor to be diagnosed and treated. There are many neurologists in Fort Collins; I would recommend finding help elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Doctor will decide he can no longer do anything for you, and without giving any suggestions on how to deal with your issue will tell you there is no reason for him to see you anymore. I now have wasted a year spending lots of money on tests/visits, and am in the exact same place I started. When you are seeing him he will spend MAYBE 5 minutes with you, and then rush you out to see the next patient. I strongly suggest seeing a different neurologist and will never go back.

Submitted October 24, 2013

He did absolutely NOTHING for my sister! He is her neurologist, and would not prescribe medication for her, that she needs for survival. I've been calling and emailing his office for days and I just get a message saying to find another doctor...huh???? I've heard horror stories about him, but only after I took my sister to see him. Oh, and he never gave a report as he promised. I woudn't advise anyone to go there...

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

I agree with the comments of another reviewer....he doesn't explain why and what he is doing for you very well and when he was asked why he acted put off that I was inquiring what he was doing, nad still left confused. Very poor bed side manner. Another reviewer mentioned he made them laugh that he was funny and I wonder if we're even taling about the same person, very disappointing.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

This Doctor is very knowledgeable and was kind and caring. He seems a little shy almost but if you ask the questions he will answer you

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

Dr. Curiel is the best, i had been seeing another neurologist and she was not helpful but after going to see him, i explained what happened and he was very nice listened to me and was very funny. I highly recommend him, not only did he have me go see a neuro surgeon but he made me feel like everything was going to be alright. He is Fantastic!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

I rated him high because of his knowledge on peripherial neuropathy. He sent me to other neurologists to verify my condition as my case is extreme and has help cause me lose both of my lower legs. No, diabetis did not cause this disease but I did develop diabetis after about 5 years of this disease. He has always been right on the money on what to watch for and what will probably happen as time goes on. Phone calls are always returned by the Dr. not his staff when asked. I have had to go in because of different problems and never had a problem getting an emergency appointment. They don't know what caused my disease but he continues to try and find answers. I'm in pain 24-7 and a more concerned Dr. won't be found. I don't know where I'd be without his help in finding the right people for pain control. I've been going to him for about 6 years and due to his honesty, compassion and knowledge I shall continue to see him.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

LOVE HIM, he is fantastic! Every time I see him, he makes me laugh and is knowledgeable and understanding to my symptoms. He always makes me feel like I can discuss anything to him and he makes sure I get the best out of my treatment from him and others. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2009

only problem I had with himis he doesnt talk to you at all. A friend said he talked to her lots on what was happening to her yet he only told me things he thinks needs to be done, but not the reason for doing them. The report to my family Doc was great, the talk to me was poor. Maybe my next time up he will tell me something and not me hearing it from my family Doc.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2007

Dr. Michael P. Curiel's Credentials

• Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Denver Co 80262 (Grad. 1979)

MSP/BC Med