Ratings for Dr. Ken Seethram

I'm sorry if others had a bad experience with Dr Seethram, but personally I thought he was the most sincere, knowledgeable and helpful doctor I've ever dealt with throughout my infertility journey. He did not push IVF treatment on me but instead suggested many other methods according to my age, health and medical history. He has the best bedside manner out of all the doctors I've met and I feel like he genuinely cares about my wellbeing and emotional health throughout the whole process. I've gone through 2 rounds of Clomid, 2 rounds of Letrozole, 2 IUIs, 1 IVF and 1 FET. I'm grateful for him and his team for helping me through this difficult time.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

We saw this doctor in 2014 and felt like we were being pushed into expensive IVF treatments from day 1. The focus was never on diagnosing what was actually wrong or if there were any medical conditions causing the infertility. After we resisted diving into IVF and did a lot of online research he reluctantly put us on less aggressive treatments but kept pushing us for IVF. Even while going through a medical procedure, the treatment was very inhumane and it felt like we were being penalized for now readily signing up for the IVF scheme! Knowledgeable maybe but honest or humane, surely not. The clinic is run like a business enterprise and if you are willing to sign up to IVF then you get good treatment, others get treated like a burden that must be addressed because the MSP system pays for it. This business model is AN INHERENT CONFLICT OF INTEREST!!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

I don't know what punctuality means. I need 50 characters.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr. Seethram has the some of the best bedside manner I have seen with any doctor I have had. He has a very calm approach which I appreciated given my medical history. I was very nervous about one of my ultrasound procedures and both he and his assistant really put me at ease (and even made me laugh throughout the exam). I never felt pressured by him or his staff and found them very polite. I am glad I was placed with Dr. Seethram and would highly recommend him and his clinic.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Saw this Dr in Sept 2014 and found him to be methodical in asking routine questions; without building any rapport. After all tests were done by Nov 2014, he nor his clinic called for the follow-up results. I called the clinic in mid-Feb 2015 and was told my file was overlooked as it was attached to another patient's file. During my second visit, I felt judged and not heard from my initial visit as he had written incorrect information. He tries to be a good sales person as he was pushing the various expensive treatment options; without listening properly. I literally had to stop him from his sales pitch. He did not acknowledge or take full responsibility/accountability for the delay in my follow-up appointment. I felt that he did not care and he did not reimburse me for blood work I personally paid for. The female management at PCRM have NO respect for women... I felt judged through my entire experience. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this clinic or Dr Seethram as they provide the sales pitch to fund their expensive vehicles and caviar indulgences!!!!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I cannot believe people like this doctor. The only thing he tells us is it's IVF or nothing. He does not call us by name and seems unwilling to talk to us face to face. He is always calm and collected and may offer knowledgeable answers, but I feel like he is just doing this for the money.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Dr. S was very calm but appeared to lack any ability to build rapport. He appeared so focused on sales rather than helping me overcome my fertility concerns. He went straight into options and was very negative. He did not address my concerns and actually thought I was entering early menopause based on no facts other than the delay in having a period after a DNC. He may be knowledgeable but he needs work on his interpersonal skills. He also has cancelled appts at the last minute. I would not recommend him unless you want to spend a whole lot of money and pad his income.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Dr. Ken Seethram's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I'm sorry if others had a bad experience with Dr Seethram, but personally I thought he was the most sincere, knowledgeable and helpful doctor I've ever dealt wi..."

April 6, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "We saw this doctor in 2014 and felt like we were being pushed into expensive IVF treatments from day 1. The focus was never on diagnosing what was actually wron..."

March 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great Doctor! He is a gentle man! I had awesome experience with him. He is very soft spoken person and very knowledgeable! Highly recommend Dr. Seethram!!!"

December 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Incredible doctor!!! Extremely knowledgeable in his field and great at explaining complex concepts to his patients while still connecting on a human level."

October 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Seethram is a wonderful doctor, very personable and extremely knowledgeable. I would absolutely recommend Dr S to my family and friends. "

October 6, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I don't know what punctuality means. I need 50 characters."

June 8, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.pacificfertility.ca" to "http://www.pacificfertility.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "V3N0" to "V5G 4X7". Address has been updated from "None" to "4601 Canada Way". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16044227276".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Seethram has the some of the best bedside manner I have seen with any doctor I have had. He has a very calm approach which I appreciated given my medical h..."

May 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Saw this Dr in Sept 2014 and found him to be methodical in asking routine questions; without building any rapport. After all tests were done by Nov 2014, he nor..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I cannot believe people like this doctor. The only thing he tells us is it's IVF or nothing. He does not call us by name and seems unwilling to talk to us face ..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr. S was very calm but appeared to lack any ability to build rapport. He appeared so focused on sales rather than helping me overcome my fertility concerns. He..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Possibly the best in his field! He is so nice! I cannot say enough about how good of a doctor he is. I have been his patients for 5 years now and he is just fan..."

February 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just perfect. Highly recommended. He is knowledgeable."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is fabulous doctor. When I needed by hysterectomy the care received by him and his staff was above and beyond. I felt cared about and respected as a perso..."

September 25, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Seethram was amazing. Kind person with a wealth of knowledge. Highly recommended."

September 18, 2014