Ratings for Dr. Vasima Ali

Been with her for 22 years (since I was born), and I will now look elsewhere. Agree with the past comment - not prescription happy, not referral happy, not mental health happy.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Dr. Ali is a very dedicated family doctor and explains the concerned health problem in detail. My daughter along with my best friend go to her since the past 20 years. However her new staff is not efficient as Margaret her previous MOA.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

To be honest I find it very shocking reading some of the reviews here. Im sure alot of the reviews were written by people whom arent well educated. My first interaction with Dr Ali was in the late 90's when I was taken to her during the end stages of my pregnancy. I had a very difficult delivery for my 1st child which Dr Ali had been involved. My son was born via extraction with no vital signs. Throughout my labor Dr Ali was very thorough, gave me clearcut instructions etc. To make it short, Dr Ali had literally saved my son's life whom is now 19. I will forever be grateful to Dr Ali. Shame that I read about Margaret leaving as she was always the greatest as well. The world needs more Dr's like Dr Ali and more secretaries like Margaret.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr. Ali has been my family doctor for over 30 years. But in recent years she is starting to show her age and practice as well. The hours of operation have been cut shorter over the years and her new secretary is rude with zero people skills and accountability who needs to be let go or replaced. She is a good doctor but not as proactive or modern as younger doctors. Unfortunately she overlooked something very critical in my family but that should count against her for the countless wonders she's done for my family and others in the Scarborough area. With age comes knowledge and Dr Ali despite her age is a walking medical library.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Dr Ali has a tendency to overlook problems that are potentially serious.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I have known Dr Ali for 6 years now. I never had any problems with her. Shes very helpful and provides detailed explanation for every problem. She never rushes her patients instead she gives sufficient time. She was there at the time of my delivery, everything went smoothly and i was so happy and relieved with her presence. Now I take my son to Dr . Ali only. Overall shes a very sweet person, very knowledgeable and im very happy with her!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Dr. Ali, having been my and my mom's and sister's doctor for 15 years now, is not someone I would recommend. We've recently changed our doctors. She let a lot of our problems go ignored, and chalked them off to stress until it got very serious. My mom ended up needing a knee replacement because she ignored the growing osteoarthritis. She may NOT be prescription happy, but she is also not referral-happy. It is very difficult to get a referral out of her, and she is rude about it once asked more than once. Her appointments are too short, because she overbooks her patients and waiting times are easily 1 hour plus. Its absolutely impossible to be seen at the time of your appointment. Recently, her great secretary Margaret has left, and in her place is a insensitive, rude and brute lady who cuts you off when you call, and spends the minimum amount of time listening. She does not provide responses to your questions, and is just very rude over the phone. Our primary reason for switching doctors was actually this secretary. Fire your new secretary Dr Ali.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Dr. Ali is the absolutely the worse Dr I ever had. She is so rude and unprofessional. She has no knowledge and doesn't prescript anything to fix the problem. She also gets offended if we ask for a specialist. Her staff is also very very rude!!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Overall terrible quality of care, lack of patient centered care. Does not care to explain things or take patients care as legitimate concerns.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

She is the most careless doctor I have met with. She has been my family's doctor for a couple years now, and because of other doctors being so far away from we live, changing doctors was very difficult. She talks in a very rude manner and does not provide a sufficient explanation for whatever our case may be. Her overall demeanor with us has been very negative. Her staff as well, do not provide any assistance besides booking appointments. My mom is an immigrant, and so her English is a bit broken. She does not understand sometimes the language, and when she asks for clarification from the staff, they simply say ask someone at home who knows English. The fact that they do not even try to help is what is frustrating.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015