Ratings for Dr. May Ong

Knows her stuff. Hopefully her ideas work. Migraines daily for 18 years and I can't cope anymore.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Dr May Ong saved my life,I would not be here if it wasn't for her. I have a severed nerve in my face and had seen many specialists and tried many drugs with terrible side affects. She listened to me and worked with me to give me my life back as I was at the end of my rope. Yes you have to wait to see her but that is because she doesn't rush you and you are not the only patient. How would you feel after waiting so long to see her if she said I'm sorry your time is up and out the door you go. Jennifer does her best to juggle Dr Ong's time to fit in as many people as she can as they feel terrible that the wait time is so long but the paper work that the government makes them do after each appointment is horrific!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

After a severe car crash in 2011 and after seeing several medical specialists including St Paul's Pain Clinic, Dr Ong truly saved my life. Instead of pushing medications on me, she actually had me stop taking some. Meanwhile, her therapies, which includes, botox, lidocaine, cortisone, sugar-water and freezing injections have given me a sense of living again with time away from ever-present pain. In emergency situations, her staff have been a class act. They've fitted me in without judgments or attitude. Her waitlist is long but it is well worth it. If you are a person in pain, I would 100% recommend Dr Ong. She is kind, caring, respectful, knowledgable and always putting the patient's needs first with a caring and nurturing manner.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Is is a very good doctor and knows what to do for my daughter who hac chronic regional pain

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Ijust had the misfortune of reading a "high priority patients" review. To insinuate that most patients are lying just to claim disability is unbelievable and ignorant! We all suffer from excruciating pain 24 hours a day 7 days a week just like you. So maybe educate yourself before running your mouth so rudely. I was on her waiting list for over 2 years and had to cope the best I knew how to until my appointment. To think of yourself so highly over everyone else is simply arrogant. Without Dr. Ong and Jennifer, I hate to think where I would be. There are far more sick people than most people think...and that explains for the long waiting list. Try not to think of yourself as the only sick patient Dr. Ong has and maybe you will understand the way things work in the world. My hat's off to Dr. Ong and Jennifer for all of their years of hard work!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Top notch Doctor I would be lost without her. She has helped me so much. i still have pain but the efforts she puts in to find a cure is outstanding..

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr. Ong recently injected me with 200 units of botox for headaches and muscle tension. 7 days later, I returned to her office complaining of side effects - severe weakness and tingling in arms, numbness in face away from injection sites. Her response was condescending and defensive, she told me I was hysterical, that there was no way this could be the botox. She sent me away telling me to take calcium for the tingling. 5 days later, I ended up in the hospital, unable to walk without assistance, lift my arms or sign my name. A subsequent MRI came up normal and the treating neurologist admitted it could be the botox. My GP agrees. A quick call to the pharmaceutical company also confirmed this. I am now left unable to work or do any daily activities. Because Dr. Ong takes no responsibility, I am unsure how to treat my condition or how long it will last. Dr. Ong is the most negligent doctor I have ever had the misfortune of being treated by.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

I have been a patient and you would be lucky if the resp. call you back as they seem to think they don't need to. Either Dr. Ong is telling them not to bother or they are doing this on their own either way it's not professional at all.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

Dr. Ong-Lam has one medical receptionist. "Jennifer" juggles a myriad of patients, test results, and Dr. Ong's schedule including her practice, SPH's Clinic, BC Cancer Agency and UBC Med School. In over a decade, Jennifer has always "come through" for me, especially when I've had to re-schedule an appointment with Dr. Ong, who has a three-year waiting list. Not having calls regarding rescheduling is a policy started in 2006, due to excessive demands being made on Jennifer's time, at the potential detriment to other patients. As the answering machine recording states, referrals from other docs should be made by fax. That alone should give you some idea of the demands on the office's time. Dr. Ong is simply trying very hard to reduce patient wait-times on that three year waiting list, and to get as many patients into a "pain-free" zone as quickly as possible with stability. Jennifer has been with Dr. Ong for almost 20 years because patients like her, and she is productive and efficient.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2012

Dr. Ong is very knowledgable, straight forward and direct. She has changed my life and now my pain is manageable. I owe a lot to her. The only downside is she is never on time, always at LEAST 15 minutes behind - in her defese tho, she does give you the time you need and doesn't rush you. Jennifer and Sandy, the office ladies are great and very patient.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2012