Ratings for Dr. Yanchun Zhang

Dr Zhang has been my doctor for the past 5 years!! The reason I remain her patient is because she has helped me to overcome both physical and mental issues that became overwhelming!! Not only do I see her with regularity, but she's has always managed to be there for me at a last-minute, emergency situation, without any hesitation !!! She always listens to me and works with me especially when it comes to medications. She never gives up!!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

It would be nice if the doctor listened to the patient. Also, the lady who answers the phones is extremely rude, short, and NOT helpful at all. She is good for insulting people only.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr Zhang was knowledgeable, a bit unorganized, but the reason for this review is her staff. We needed to see the doctor to change a prescription which he was allergic to. He was in immense pain. She told him, the doctor would deal with it next week at his appointment. When i called she told me she had the message and the dr will call back at the end of the day.--This never happened. They could care less about how a patient is feeling. As a dr, first do no harm, clearly this lady didnt get the memo. Furthermore her credentials in her office did not match what i saw online...STAY AWAY

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Quacky Quacky Quacky. This doctor is rude,combative, impatient and incompetent. Which explains the poor staff (singular member maybe a relative) member's nasty disposition. She explained nothing and was in such a rush to get to her next client it was unrealistic. This was my first and last visit.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Dr. Zhang has been my doctor for over 9 years. She takes time with patients and is very thorough. Many times when I cannot get a reasonable answer from other doctors, I can always get a good and detail explanation from Dr. Zhang. She is smart and knowledgeable which is evidenced by her board certification. She does not have a fancy office, but she is the most busy and popular doctor I know, as she has served the community for many years. In spite of her busy schedule, she is always communicative, informative, and willing to go out of her way to help. She is a great person to talk to in that she has a way to make people feel better, almost like just sitting in her office and waiting to see her already make me feel better. I don’t believe what was said in the last posting. I have never waited for more than 30 minutes for all the years I have seen Dr. Zhang, even on her busiest days. Maybe this person came early on her own. The comment says the other patient didn’t have appointment- I wonder how this person knew it. I knew Dr. Zhang does not accept walk in and she sees patients by appointment only. Dr. Zhang’s staff always goes out of her way to accommodate my schedule when I need an appointment. Dr. Zhang‘s office is on ground level. This person also complaint other patients are rude- so now the whole world are bad guys. The complaint about coffee. Dr. Zhang told me to drop coffee as well, and it works out great for me, now I can fall asleep faster, and I have less migraine. The complaint about diet, maybe this person is overweight and Dr. Zhang just wants her to have a more overall healthy life style. I think what was said here is malicious and untrue. I like Dr. Zhang and can't help to voice the truth. I have and will continue to refer my friends and family to Dr. Zhang as she is the best doctor I know.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Absolutely horrible experience. If you're too busy to read all the reviews, just take this advice: do not go to this crazy nut. First, the "office" (if you can call it that) is actually a residential basement. There is little to no lighting (making me wonder if this doctor is aiming to be a vampire) throughout the entire basement, with old cobwebs-covered windows providing the majority of the light. The floor is disgusting, you couldn't pay me to eat anything that fell on that surface. Beyond the reception (which is never attended to by any personnel), there are stacks and stacks of old magazines and medical journals for (get this) OTHER MEDICAL PROFESSIONS. Not one pamphlet on neurology. I arrived more than fifteenth minutes early (since I knew I had to sign paper work), but she passed two other patients over me(one who's appointment was fifteen minutes after mine and the other who had no appointment), making me have to wait for over an hour (without once telling me what was going on, who the doctor was, whether I could take out my insurance card; nothing). Once I finally was attended to, i found out the receptionist that was supposed to have me sign in was on the phone (she remained on the phone for the rest of my visit), and the person filing my paperwork was the doctor herself (at least i'm assuming as she never introduced herself). Once in her office, she (the lady was filed my papers) asked me a whole load of questions regarding my DIET. As if that was such a big correlation to my migraines as my field of work. She than proceeded to recommend I eat continuously throughout the day (evidence she doesn't know what a real workday is like) and completely skip coffee (evidence she was not human). With that in hand, I received five different prescriptions for medicines i can't even pronounce (without clearing stating what they were for) and took me to the most disgusting office to put a rubber hat on my head, run a test where i had to count her fingers, and left without telling me the visit was over. Absoluetly disgusted. I get better treatment than this in Newark, of all places. Will never return, absolutely disgusted with that office, but even more so by the apparent lack of medical knowledge around this place. This is NOT a doctor's office, it's an asylum with two crazy ladies in charge. (And the regular patients are RUDE).

Submitted August 13, 2014

The best, kindest, most understanding Doctor's I have ever encountered. My medical problem has taken me all over the USA due to assignments and she is by far the Best In NEW JERSEY (that godforsaken state) She is Simply the Best

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013

A knowledgable, skilled and caring neurologist. Dr. Zhang is the best specialist in her field we are aware of in this part of the State of New Jersey.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

1. In testing me for numbness, she jabbed the arch of my foot with all 5 fingers in a pointed hand/fist so hard that it took 4 months for the pain to go away. A year later arch pain came back and I am in physical therapy now for plantar facsiitis in that foot, without any improvement. 2. Her arrogant assistant pretended to be Dr. Zhang on the phone, and almost cost me my life, when she asked a pharmacist to substitute for another drug when it was out of stock, and the pharmacist told me the drug would be too dangerous for me. When I asked Zhang about it, she said she never told the pharmacist to substitute with that drug; therefore it had to be her receptionist because no one else works there. 3. I overheard a drug sales rep in her office telling her to prescribe one drug over another because it pays her a higher rebate, and then realized that the 7 prescriptions she gave me were just to earn commission. Knowledgeable yes...but downright rude and abrupt at times!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

Nerve tests are a lot of money, per insurance. Went to another neurologist for other tests, actually got a copy of the report! You will never get one here, at least I never did. I actually like this doctor a lot, but she test a test on my mom who has dementia, that involved her letting my mom fall back into her arm! And that frightened my mother! Who wouldn't be? She had to tell me about many of my issues, but yet - look at the office! Please! And the bathroom basement is worse. Mom will not go down there because of that, Leaves the door open, unless you ask it to be closed. There's a good neuro in Fairfield, And many others.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

Dr. Yanchun Zhang's Credentials

• Sun Yat-Sen Univ Of Med Sci, Guangzhou, China (242-21 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1984)

AARP