You may also like

Dr Kokan repaired my shoulder about 4 years ago , It has been great , better than before . I also no longer have the issue of that arm falling asleep when I am sleeping.( Just a side benefit to the surgery I guess)

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

Dr.Kokan was ok but it's true what others on here have to say about his assistant. She is very very rude. I waited outside in the hallway for 1 1/2 hr. When I was finally allowed in the receptionist had a very nasty attitude. It's very unfortunate that Dr. Kokan would still keep her around. She's poor help and gives patients an awful experience. she's ruining dr.kokan's name and his clinics reputation.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Receptionist treated my mother like garbage. How Dr. Kokan can keep her on staff is a mystery. Rude doesn't even begin to describe her. Hopefully she's close to retirement, so this Tin woman can go find a heart. If she hates her job so much, then leave. On Dr. Kokan, nothing but good things to say.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

The doctor appears to me to be very thoughtful, knowledable, professional and caring. Unfortunately, his receptionist completely offsets his caring approach to patients. She has proven to be rude, very keen to blame others for her mistakes, very quick to hang up the phone and very reluctant to phone back. It took her over 3 months to get around to my surgery request paperwork and then blamed me for not having lab work completed that she had failed to schedule, or to advise me to schedule. In fact I was totally unaware of the lab work requirement. At one point she stopped a call to look up my file with a promise to phone me back. This didn't occur, however, and she was very annoyed when I finally called her back 5 hours later. If it didn't take 5 months to get another specialist appointment I would move on to a more attentive practice. At this point, however, it remains slightly less painful to suffer her uncaring and confrontational manner than to reset my surgery and live with my joint pain for an additional half year or so. I have no idea why a bright and caring Doctor would continue to employ such an unkind, unpleasant and unprofessional receptionist.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr. Peter Kokan has repaired both of my knees (different times- each), and my Shoulder. For each procedure it involved - X-rays, blood tests, paper work and yes a few appointments. Yes you do have to wait sometimes for a long time to get in to see him, but that is because he takes his time with each and every patient. He cares; and he wants to answer all of you concerns. I will gladly wait my turn knowing that all of my fears and or questions will be addressed. I fine very few Doctors will take the time to answer more than 2 or 3 questions without telling you that your time is up. As for his secretary, she is a human being too. She listens to your request and answers them and is willing to work with you. But I've seen many people go up to her and treat her like a inanimate object, barking out at her because the Doctor is taking too long. She is doing her job, If you watch her, you will see that she is not siting around doing her nails or talking up a storm with a friend. She may be quick and to the point, that is not rude. She does not chat up the patients, she is far too busy. You are there to see the Doctor, not chit chat with his assistant. I feel sorry for those who do not understand that the world does not revolve around them. I recommend the Doctor and his staff to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Horrible experience. He misfiled my referral so I waited an extra 9 months to get in. Went to the office and had to wait in the hallway for an hour and a half as the office door was locked. I called the office numerous times and no one picked up. I went to my doctor the same day and asked for a referral to someone else. If a doctor doesn't even have the respect to let you in to the office ot take care of my referral than I don't trust him for an operation. The one time I talked to the secretary she was very helpful. Not to mention that the animal hospital down below looks more inviting than his office.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

I'm going to file a proper complaint about this person called pseudo-receptionist. She is incredibly rude, extremely ignorant and just a nasty NASTY human being. Is incredible how someone with no education and null personal skills is still working.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr. Peter Kokan's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Kokan repaired my shoulder about 4 years ago , It has been great , better than before . I also no longer have the issue of that arm falling asleep when I am ..."

December 17, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Kokan was ok but it's true what others on here have to say about his assistant. She is very very rude. I waited outside in the hallway for 1 1/2 hr. When I w..."

December 16, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Sadly, I have to agree with the previous negative comments about the receptionists. "

June 18, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V3N0" to "V5B 1R3". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 5512 Hastings Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16042943265".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Receptionist treated my mother like garbage. How Dr. Kokan can keep her on staff is a mystery. Rude doesn't even begin to describe her. Hopefully she's close t..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "The doctor appears to me to be very thoughtful, knowledable, professional and caring. Unfortunately, his receptionist completely offsets his caring approach to ..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Peter Kokan has repaired both of my knees (different times- each), and my Shoulder. For each procedure it involved - X-rays, blood tests, paper work and ye..."

November 17, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Horrible experience. He misfiled my referral so I waited an extra 9 months to get in. Went to the office and had to wait in the hallway for an hour and a half a..."

November 10, 2014
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "No idea how this rude receptionist still has a job . Never met a ruder person in my life ."

November 3, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kokan is a great doctor/surgeon. But his receptionist needs to learn how to treat his patients. She is the rudest person I ever had to deal with."

September 17, 2014