Ratings for Dr. Peter Kokan

That last comment sounds like Dr Kokan’s previous receptionist who was the source of all past complaints. Saw him recently and he has a new secretary who is running things so much better for him. I’m glad for Dr Kokan that he’s rid of that previous receptionist and he deserves better and I’m happy for him now. Great person who you can trust. I will always see him for my bone and joint problems. Other patients that I meet in the waiting room say the same!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

I know this receptionist is very rude. I work as a medical assistant and let me tell you.....I get why she's rude. Patients can be so intolerable and it takes a toll on you. Especially when you have been doing the job for a while. When I was younger I was alot more tolerable....but as the time went on and as patients kept wearing me down I became more and more rude. I use to want to go out of my way to help patients and bend over backwards for them and now I feel like I have been taken advantage of and I feel like nothing is ever good enough. Its true what they say, you give them an inch and they walk all over you. I just had a grown man come to my medical clinic and throw a temper tantrum like a 2 year old over having to pay a $30 no show fee after missing his last 3 appointments....he yelled at me, threw papers in my face, slammed doors and was basically freaking out....are u kidding me....he was 45 years old. WTF! Thats not even the worst of it, I've had so many dramatic patient encounters in my 10 years of working as a medical office assistant. We dont have it easy, we are alll over worked and under appreciated. So don't judge one person for being how she is, judge you people as a group for breaking someone down so much. I wish there was a place where we could go rate our patients.....boy would I love that.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

From beginning to end ( receptionist and Dr. Kokan), everything was as I had hoped for. The same for the nurses and physios at Burnaby General. I had left knee replacement.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

I had right knee ACL repair with Dr.Kokan at the end of 2015 and I couldn't be happier with the result. Dr.Kokan was very easy going and down to earth which made him easy to get along with and when explaining procedures he was very knowledgable which was reassuring. Have recommended Dr.Kokan to several of my friends and would do so to anyone else aswell!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Dr Kokan performed a right knee TKR on me in Sept 2016, the knee now is back to 100 % pain free. I am no longer looking to sit down after only half a city block of walking. I am happy with the professionalism shown by his office and himself. I am looking forward to my left knee being replaced in the near future.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr Kokan is a very friendly, accommodating and a great Dr. I am super happy with the result of both my left hip & knee replacement, so I decided to do my right knee. With that I am very grateful to be back to normal again. I am very happy with the secretary for all the arrangement & appointments, organized everything for me prior to surgery & post surgery. If I could give them both a 10 specially the secretary. They made my life enjoyable. I will highly recommend Dr. Kokan.

Submitted October 26, 2016

the receptionist is very rude. Seems she gets joy out of making the patients feel terrible. The surgery didn't go very well for something so simple as a ALC problem in the knee. No follow up, hard to get an appt. due to the rude receptionist.......I would never ever go back there. Receptionist hung up on me when I called to tell her I was in a lot of pain and needed to see dr. Kokan..........very ignorant.......she should be a receptionist at a prison perhaps......not a surgeons office.......something is wrong with her

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Echoing the sentiments of other reviewers, doctor does his job but the receptionist is out of line. I don't recall her being rude during my office visit (it was several years ago), but I'll never forget that she did call me personally afterwards to comment on her opinion of my mental health in regards to the condition I went to see the Dr. She and I don't know each other personally but had shared a mutual friend who suggested I see Dr. Kokan, so I guess she felt that gave her a right to give me personal medical /psychological advice from her own opinion or coversations with this other "friend."

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

ACL reconstruction in 2000. That knee is holding up and better than the other one... I just finished 150 mile MS bike ride and ski competitively.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

Dr. Kokan is amazing. Great surgeon. Helpful, patient and very knowledgeable. His secretary is probably the worst I have ever dealt with though. Make sure you get on her good side.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2016