Ratings for Dr. C.I. Press

Dr Press is a caring doctor whose first responsibility is to his patients. I cannot fault his manner and abilities although his style of practice may not be for everyone. His receptionist Debbie is great and businesslike which I appreciate. If you want a friend, get a dog.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

DR.PRESS IS A GOOD DOCTOR!! HIS SECRETARY/NURSE/ASSISTANT IS HORRIBLE! SHE IS RUDE , NO RESPECT , AND SO NOT HELPFUL . SHE SHOULD RETIRE OR SOMETHING IF SHE IS NOT ENJOYING HER JOB ANYMORE. BUT OVERALL I STAYED WITH DR.PRESS BECAUSE HE HIMSELF IS A GOOD SMART DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Press for 30 years now. He delivered 3 of my children.He is a no nonsense kind of doctor. He listens and gets the facts. For those of you who say he doesn't care or is unfriendly that just isn't true. He's not there to be your friend or talk about your day.Although when he has the time I've had many little chats with him. Ditto goes for Debbie. She's great at her job and very friendly and funny. I have no idea what I will do when he retires.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

My family was refered to Dr. Press by our previous doctor and we have been very happy with his services. To be honest, if you don't take your well being into your own hands a doctor can only do so much. On occassion I have come to Dr. Press with issues and while he may say its nothing too serious, if I insist on seeing a specialist he will request Debbie set an appointment. Dr. Press is not a pill pusher and will look or suggest alternatives to chemical remedy. He has a gentle manner and a sense of humour which is a good thing for a doctor. Debbie is straight forward and no-nonsense. She can appear to be cold and lacking in customer service but if a person takes a couple of minutes to exchange pleasantries she can be a ray of sunshine! As well, I don't know of any doctors where I can call at 10am on a Tuesday and be in to see the doctore by 12pm of that same day without an appointment. It goes a long way when accommodating your clients!!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

Worst Doctor ever. He would not send me to the specialist which I needed. I finally to go to the emergency room and was referred to the specialist. I was diagnosed with crohn's disease, which dr press misdiagnosed for years as just ibs. This man should not practice medicine. His staff member is rude, loses important faxes (probably does not know how to use a fax).

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

Awful. Quite simply the rudest,most inconsiderate & most unprofessional doctor I have ever encountered in my life. He never takes my concerns seriously.I always end-up having to go to a walk-in clinic to get requisition forms for x-rays/ultrasounds, because he never wants to send me for them when I clearly need them. I have conditions diagnosed by specialists before he was ever my doctor & he acts like they are not important or that I'm just overreacting,when actually they need to be checked-up on a regular basis. He takes zero preventive measures & acts like you're a hypochondriac if you think something is wrong(I'm not the only one here saying this).I always try to be very polite,but he rolls his eyes at me constantly while I talk. While I'm still sitting down in his office & still talking, he's walking towards the door & trying to rush me to finish.He also says VERY inappropriate things,it's just appalling.And the secretary is horrible too! Always on personal calls,ignores patients.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Dr Press is a gentle and kind doctor however he never takes any of your concerns or symptoms too seriously. My family member had serious abdomen pains & he never bothered to figure out why until she was in the emergency room & results showed gallbladder stones which needed to be taken out immediately. His secretary is one cold, unhelpful, crabby women who treats the patients as she wishes because she knows Dr Press wont get mad at her. She has mixed up lab results between two patients in the past and has forgotten to send the required blood tests to the lab.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2012

Makes you feel comfortable, and is very approachable. Been his patient since birth over 30 years.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

he sounds like he never cares about your issues, he just want to finish of the appointment and get to the next one. I usually take late afternoon appointments and he seems a little tired too.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

Dr Press has been my doctor since I was ten years old. My whole family uses him. Dr Press is friendly and has a sweet bedside manor. However, Dr Press does lack Diagnostic skills and tends to think his patients are hypochondriacs’. He improperly diagnosed and ignored my mothers Parkinson’s for years. His office manager Debbie lacks work ethic and is always on the phone taking about personal matters.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2009