Ratings for Dr. D. Alan Johns

Dr Alan Johns was referred to us by someone my husband knew and I was in a desperate situation at the time. He was not a good listener, does not explain or answer questions thoroughly. I had fibroids in the uterus that he removed even though I begged him for a hysterectomy. I loudly and clearly explained that I was 40 and didn't want kids so I was making an informed decision. He said I didn't need it and that the myomectomy had a 99 Percent chance of solving my health issue. 9 months later fibroids are back with a vengeance and now he's rushing to recommend a hysterectomy. I don't understand why doctors such as Dr Johns can be allowed to practice with so many errors. I had to pay thousands and thousands of dollars cash as I don't have insurance. Now he expects me to come up with 30 000. He saw us as returning business as with most myomectomy surgeries the fibroids do come back and he would have known this. Go to this doctor if you wish to remain sick. Please take the time to do research on a doctor before going to them. Good luck

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I am so thankful to have found Dr. Johns. I saw several doctors beforehand who could not diagnose my condition and was diagnosed and better within two days of seeing him. He is very knowledgeable and genuinely cares about his patients. I felt like he spent time getting to know my medical history and listening to my symptoms. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Excellent staff. My questions were answered thoroughly and completely. I would highly recommend Dr. Johns

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I have going to Dr. Johns for 30 years. He delivered both of my daughters. My daughters now go to him as well. I believe him to be one of the best doctors in his field. He is very knowledgeable and courteous. I drive over an hour to see him and it is time very we spent.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

While I have no complaints about Dr. John's care, his office staff is comepletely incompetent. I requested a medical release form to be faxed to me. Instead of a blank form, they sent me another patient's completed form (with private medical information). After getting the correct form I waited three weeks and my surgeon still hadn't received the records. When I contacted them, they advised me that they could not send the records via fax (as I had requested). Rather than contact me with this information, they simply ignored my request. I had to send 5 requests before one finally suited them. When I called to confirm they had received it (which they still claim they haven't received), they were rude, interrupted me and did not return my call as they stated they would. When I called again, I got the same rude treatment. I will not return to Dr. Johns due solely to the incompetence of his office staff.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

This doctor was referred to my wife and I due to infertility. He nor his staff will address the mans questions and seem overly interested in the wife. We both requested that I be present during procedures and this request was denied. We will not be going back to this doctor. In my opinion he nor his staff are trustworthy and we will be finding another doctor for our needs.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

I started going to Dr. Johns in 1990. He was very helpful and extremely interested in me when I had endometriosis. Now I'm just a routine gyno patient, his interest has waned. You wait a long time to get into the office. When he comes in, he hasn't read your file. I come in armed with questions, but then feel he is too busy and don't ask them. The last time I went in, I was menopausal. I mentioned I really had trouble sleeping. He started telling me why it was okay to take hormones. I didn't ask for hormones, and didn't really want to go on them. He spent a lot of time with me telling me why they aren't dangerous. Basically I felt like he had decided this for me, and was informing me about his decision on my behalf. I later received test results indicating osteopenia. No mention or followup from his office. I think he's really smart and a great research doctor, but I'm looking for a doctor who has time for my appt and will let me be part of the decision.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2011

I have seen Dr Johns for more than ten years. When I am ready to make an appointment it very easy to contact and able to make appointment in timely manner. I dont have to wait for months and they are able to work with my schedule. As for his front office staff at the richland location is wonderful. The nurses are very caring and helpful and the check out girl is always nice. Dr Johns and his staff could teach alot of professional offices how to treat their patients. As a long time patient, I cannot find anyone working there that is rude or non professional. I recommend Dr Johns to anyone who is looking for a gynecologist.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

After a recent move to Dallas, I was in need of an endo specialitst and found Dr. Johns name on the Endometriosis Assoc website. I found him to be extremely thorough and knowledgable. He answered all my questions to my satisfaction and spent a lot of time with me going over my history and future treatment options. I found the staff to be very friendly and caring as well. I would recommend Dr. Johns without hesitation.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2010

I went to see Dr John's because was having lot of pelvic pain and endometriosis symptoms, He was rude, very uncaring and rushed the exam and basically states the pain was in my head and just to live with it, I would not recommend this dr to anyone

flag | Submitted October 24, 2009

Dr. D. Alan Johns's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1974)

Amerigroup