Ratings for Dr. Nick Konopada

I also had a horrible experience with this man. All jolly but not professional! My teeth were also ground down and still feel strange after a while. Had crowns fail after six years. Pathetic dentist! Staff was great but he's a waste of money and time. Avoid avoid avoid!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Unlike these other comments, I had an awful experience. I went there for the first time last year to have a general check up and a few cavities filled. He's a very nice man, however, he's taken it upon himself to administer 'equilibration' treatment (grinding down parts of your teeth to readjust your bite) to his patients, which is regarded as irresponsible by other dentistry specialists (now that's I've had to see a few) or a 'quick but risky fix' in the dentistry world. Grinding your teeth down in a 10 minute operation is NOT a good solution to fixing your bite (especially in a supine position). If your bite needs to be fixed, you should go to a certified ORTHO, not a general dentist practitioner. I am now thousands of $ in debt (no coverage) and months into full mouth reconstruction. I never had ANY bite issues (pain/discomfort or anything notable by other dentist - and I've seen a lot since I move around so much) and he never gave any permission to do this treatment. Luckily my original orthodontist from when I was a child, was able to assist me, and treatment is going well... I hear that they have been offering 'weekend courses' to dentist out of Nelson to be able to do this. Whatever you do, don't let any dentist grind your original teeth down unless it's for grinding down a filling.....And if you have a bad feeling, listen to your intuition and never trust anyone in the 'professional' world. Just because they are 'professionals' doesn't mean they don't make mistakes, or are familiar with what they're doing. A quick note though - the front desk staff are indeed amazing and have been very sympathetic to this whole situation. If only Konopada can realize his mistake, and help with the costs of which he is responsible for (but he has denied any assistance). Oh, and the BC dental association is a waste of time if you need any help, so is the mediator. We're on our own people, unless you know a Lawyer that doesn't charge 300$/hr.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Dr. Konopada and staff are amazing. They are always sure to explain all procedures in detail, and make you feel very comfortable at all times. I used to have anxiety when going to the dentist, but not since I switched to Dr. K!!!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2010

An excellent dentist! He and his staff explain things very well. They are all very friendly. I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2007

he has avery good paitnece levlel when dealing with trouble some tooth or teeth. he makes sure that the work is done exactly preciese. although he is busy he does take the time with his patinces.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2007

Dr. Konopada is an awesome dentist. He is very knowledgable and he tells you about every procedure in detail before he does it. He takes great care to make sure your comfortable and ok, and he has awesome bedside manor. His staff is also very friendly and treat you as if you are one of the family. Its a great environment to be in and I would recomend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2007

He is a great thoughtful dentist. Not only is he wonderful but his staff is totally great about fitting you in if you are in pain or something does not feel right

flag | Submitted May 5, 2007