Ratings for Dr. Yanik Luis-Roig

I can not even begin to describe the horror it has been trying to deal with Dr. Lois-Roig's office staff and trying to get an appointment. My husband and I have been calling this office for TWO YEARS and talking to the same lady 'Jane'. She always says that the office is not currently taking appointments, but she will put you on a waiting list, tlak to the Doctor, and see if she will accept you as a patient. That was the response I got about 2 years ago. I did get a call about 6 months later, after I followed up at the time she said appointments were available, and she took some additional information from me. She said she would again talk to the Doctor and get back to me. NEVER HAPPENED. About 6 months later, my husband calls the office for me (I had gotten fed up trying to find an office that took our insurance that could help me, and he was trying to help). He gets the same initial response from Jane (put my name on a waiting list yadda yadda yadda). We call again this week to follow up, and she says that she called us in October to say the office was now accepting new patients, and I could make an appointment. BUT, that never happened. She NEVER called. She lied right over the phone to us. She said she would once again put my name on a waiting list, and they'd get back to me in the Fall when they were scheduling appointments. I asked if I could have a hard date to schedule something in with the Doctor due to what happened last time. And she said, no, their appointment calendar didn't go out that far. W.T.F? I am seriously so offended by the treatment I have gotten by the office staff that I am looking at reporting them. Do not buy into any promises you have been given by the front desk lady in terms of appointment scheduling. She is a liar, and I honestly cannot believe she hasn't been fired yet. I don't have many options with my insurance, and I was desperately looking forward to getting some help from this office after the specified waiting period (twice now!) and have been let down each time. I hope this review helps others avoid future heartbreak.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Dr. Luis-Roig is one of the most understanding and compassionate Psychiatrist I have ever met. She is not afraid to discuss different medication and treatment options. I truly feel she cares about my health and wants to follow up and make sure I progress towards wholeness.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

Dr. Yanik Luis-Roig's Credentials

• Univ Central Del Este (Uce), Esc De Med, San Pedro De MacOris (Grad. 1984)