Ratings for Dr. Marianne Russell

Such an unhelpful person... let alone professional. I went to her with breathing problems and has been 'working on it' for a year. My natropath requested that I do updated tests that I did last year and she refused to do them, stating that she needed a better reason than updated information. Every time I go to her she takes over an hour to see me and when she does it is a complete disappointment. Its like she is just there for the paycheque. If you're in the public care industry, you should probably CARE! I would not recommend this ineffective and unhelpful doctor to anybody. Avoid her if you can!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Be ready to wait an hour in a cold room only to be treated rudely when you do see the Doctor. Not interested in anything except getting you back out the door as quickly as possible. Absolutely no people skills whatsoever! If you can find another Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Worst doctor I have ever had. I have been waiting to hear back from a specialist for 3 months. It turns out that when I saw dr Russell three months ago and she supposedly sent out the referral, she actually didn't. Not the first time I've had an experience like this under her "care". I have been trying to find a new doctor but I don't think anyone decent is accepting new patients.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

She has extremely poor bed manners. Really does not seem to care about her patients what's so ever. Expect to be waiting at least 45 minutes after your appointment start of not longer. I would never recommend this go to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I second the negative ratings by other patients, as I too have found her medical practice does not meet the standards of other Burnaby/New Westminster medical clinics. First, the reception is highly lacking - the receptionists need to be trained properly in telephone greeting, responding to patients telephone queries, and reception room etiquette. They are not providing the reception support necessary for a doctor's office. Secondly, Dr. Russell's practice is apparently not a full practice -- whenever you phone to book an appointment the office receptionist will always tell you that she is fully booked, and the office is always closed on many weekdays and holidays and there is no alternate or back-up physician coverage in Dr. Russell's absence. I would not recommend Dr. Russell as a family physician, because she is never available when you need her services as a physician -- it's as simple as that !!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

My only complaint is her complete inability to see patients on schedule. Even if you're the second appointment of the day, be prepared to wait 30 - 60 minutes (or more!) past your appointment time. At what point does "running behind due to busyness" convert to plain old "poor time management"?

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

We had to find a new Dr. after ours retired last year, our family is very happy with her, I find her very knowledgeable and very update in her procedures. If I have to wait for her I am just happy to have a family doctor and not have to go to Walk-ins. Some of the comments are negative and not what we have experienced.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

She's great at what she does and couldn't ask for a better doctor

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Just be prepared to wait for a looooooong time before she gets to see you. 5/5 times I've been there, she has never seen me after waiting for at least 45 minutes. Not recommended to low-patience people.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

She is arrogant and could not answer basic medical questions

Submitted April 15, 2015