Ratings for Dr. Maureen O'Malley

Referred by my Doctor a few years ago. Suffering from extreme hair loss along with other symptoms. She did a scalp biopsy and it turned out I had frontal scaring Alopecia. She then tried to pull a race card and said it was from chemically straightening my hair. I will inverted forget her words when I asked what could I do to try and stop my hair from shedding. SHE SAID TO INVEST IN A GOOD WIG. This response infuriated me because we know our bodies and we know if something is not quite right. I asked for a second opinion. She sent me to another doctor in Toronto and HE CARED ENOUGH to do more testing and it turns out I have systemic Lupus. When I found out I wanted to punch Dr. O Mally in the face for not doing her job properly . I thank God everyday I fought for answers.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

Listens to corners, very compassionate and empathetic practitioner. Highly recommend Dr O'Malley for all skin issues and for all ages

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

She is an amazing dermatologist. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Extremely helpful doctor. explained everything thoroughly in language i could understand especially in such a stressful situation. Highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

excellent doctor. she is very caring . have recommended her to my family.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

As a past patient of Dr. O'Malley's, and someone who knows numerous other patients that have seen her, I can tell you with confidence that she is a kind and caring physician that is very well respected by her patients and physician colleagues alike.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Dr. O'Malley is a wonderful physician. She answered all of my questions and I never felt rushed even though the clinic was very busy. She is also very nice and caring. All of my questions were answered and she is very professional. Truly one of a kind!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

This woman (please note that I am not referring to her as a doctor because yesterday....she was ALL girl!!! Hormones? Sensitive feelings? Who knows??...She was definitely NOT professional and obviously something bothering her. Normally, I would not have minded EXCEPT she terrified my child, who was there to discuss mole removal. She asked him if he really wanted to do this, was he aware of the fact that there would be needles, lots of needles, did he know that there would be a BIG scar on him, would he mind if she drew an outline of the scar on his skin and she actually told him "what can I say - you are a MOLEY GUY". In short, she absolutely sucked and I would NEVER trust her opinion on ANY day, since it appears that she is incapable of separating her personal pile with the professional one. We are all human, for sure - but when you are getting paid a doctor's salary (as opposed to minimum wage), have attended years of preparatory academics for same, there is an expectation that you can handle your job and under no cirucmstances FRIGHTEN A CHILD TO TEARS! Shame on her and anyone else who lets her offer an opinion!! She should be in treatment.

Submitted May 7, 2015

Dr O'Malley has always shown me nothing but genuine care..I've always felt like she really cares

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Office staff go out of their way to help and respond quickly via email. Dr. O'Malley is always on time and we never feel rushed even when my daughter wants to show her progress pictures. She is always sensitive and caring. She's a great doctor and I totally trust her.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014