Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Rovner

Dr Rovner truly helped cure my horrible low back problem. I was on narcotics for years because work comp kept denying my surgery, and finally his office was able to get it approved . This was life changing ! I felt better the first week. The pain slowly got better and I finally now feel human and normal again! No more pain pills. Thank you doc!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

No reflection on Dr Rovner, but his surgery scheduler Kristin in the San Ramon office has to go. She never returns calls, her mail box is always full, trying to get a hold of her for over two weeks to get my elderly mom scheduled for surgery, this lady should be fired. Shame on this office for hiring people like this. The wait time is horrible 11/2 to 2 hours even though one has an appointment. Rethink your decision before getting involved in this office!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

For many years I took my daughter with her scoliosis to Dr. Rovner. I have had lots & lots & lots visits with him, so I think I can without reservation say - What Dr. Rover is - he is a brilliant surgeon, he can accurately diagnose your issue and if you need surgery he's your man. If you don't need surgery he will tell you that. What he doesn't always have is a great bed side manner, if you want a touchy freely doctor go somewhere else, however if your shopping around for a great spine surgeon look no further.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

I sawDr Rovner last year for a Spine fusion performed by another doctor that failed. Dr Rovner not only realizes the problem immediately, but offered logical concise solutions solutions to correct and fix my fusion. I initially went through conservative treatment but later I opted for surgery which went incredibly well with a small scar. I also found out that he teaches spine surgery at U.C. Davis. My fusion is now solid and I'm pain free. He was worth waiting for which at times can be a little longer than normal, but believe me, I wouldn't trust anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

I always had a great experience with Dr. Rovner. He operated on my lower spine and several years later he fused my neck. No infection, no problems, and overall, a great job. It just got fixed. Before this, I was in horrible pain and went to see three different pain specialists who are NOT SURGEONS. All they could do for me is load me up with lots of narcotics and pain medicine. When it finally became unbearable, that's when I made the decision to have surgery. Bottom line, Dr. Rovner is, YES, a SPINAL SURGEON and a FANTASTIC one--it's the last resort and thank God there is one. And if you don't have a surgical problem, or you would rather stay on pills the rest of your life, or don't want surgery because you're collecting money for being off work and milking the system, then it's just a waste of his valuable time. Go see a pain doctor-not a surgeon. There are people like me who really needed surgery and needed his surgical skills. I have my life back and I'm working again.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2009

Once I told the doctor that I didnot want to have surgery, he wanted nothing to do with me.He would send in his physician assistant, who is not even a doctor to see me.Don't beleave what you read.Ask his workman's compensation patents who are sitting in his office what they think of Rovner.They will tell you a differnt story.Why does the office staff double book patents for the same time.A patent with back pain can't sit very long.Making a back pain patent sit for over one hour is cruel.Just remember one think, Once you have one surgery you will have many more.

Submitted October 26, 2009

This doctor is one of the best spine doctors around. I had sciatica and he quickly knew what my problem was and where it was coming from. The MRI confirmed his diagnosis exactly. After no luck with PT and epidurals, he decided to do a simple outpatient procedure where he cut out the herniated disc and my pain went completely away with only a tiny half inch incision. I don't care what the other reviewers say, he is wonderful, caring and brilliant. There is no way he would ignore someone with a valid complaint! Some people try to take advantage of the work comp system for disability. I would highly recommend him if you have a spine problem.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009

I was actually scheduled for surgery with another Dr. when a coworker suggested I get a second opinion from Dr. Rovner. He convinced me that surgery wasn't appropriate in my case and i followed his advice. So glad I did. Seemed to be very knowledgable and possessed the ability to convey that knowledge to me.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

I am so grateful for Dr. Rovner who diagnosed my spine disorder when FIVE other doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with me! Over a period of 30 days, I went to see the ER doctor, my family doctor, a neurosurgeon, and 2 other doctors--all were stumped as to my horrible back pain. I went to Dr. Rovner who looked closely at my MRI, and quickly noticed the problem. He did a simple discectomy the next day and my pain completely disappeared! Bless you Dr. Rovner!!! You were worth the wait!!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

Dr. Robert A. Rovner's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Robert Rovner, M.D. specializes in the treatment of spinal conditions in pediatric, adult and elderly patients with an emphasis on the use of minimally invasive techniques. He treats pediatric deformities such as scoliosis, traumatic injuries such as disc herniations and fractures, and degenerative conditions such as spinal stenosis and disc degeneration. Dr. Rovner has recently built a new office and created a unique comfortable office to offer his patients the most focused, private and calming environment possible. He has numerous spine models and computers in each exam room to visually educate each patient about their condition(s) affecting their spine. His staff engages personally with patients and will make sure they have a cell phone number to easily correspond for important issues. Dr. Rovner's approach is conservative with surgery being the option after all other treatments have been discussed and/ or tried. He offers the best advancements in spine surgery for patients with degenerative disease of the spine, scoliosis, spondylolisthesis, herniated discs, and other conditions. He has actually developed and patented procedures and devices to help give patients the best treatment possible. His ability to correct scoliosis with his novel correction approach is the first in the country and has been featured on the news for unique scoliosis correction surgery as well as his expertise using the new Coflex motion sparing device as an alternative and minimally invasive procedure to lumbar fusion surgery for spinal stenosis. 2012-2013 CASTLE CONNOLLY'S TOP DOCTORS AWARD—awarded by a physician led research team that reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually via a nationwide online process and are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialites. 2008 PATIENTS' CHOICE AWARD 2008-2013 COMPASSIONATE DOCTOR AWARD-5 YEAR HONOREE (2013)

• Spanish

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)
  • University of California, Irvine (Grad. 1984)
  • University of Southern California (Grad. 1985)

• Top Doctors- Castle Connelly and US News and World Report