Ratings for Dr. Pieter Butler

Wonderful, compassionate physician. Patient, kind, knowlegeable. His sudden retirement due to severe illness is a loss to all who knew him. Any negative comments on this site are false.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

I saw Dr. Butler between 2001/2. He was outstandingly helpful, skilled and professional. He made an enormous contribution to my return to health. I am profoundly grateful.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

Dr. Butler has retired suddenly, and left his patient load hanging without referrals to another psychiatrist, which is considered poor practice. While in practice, though, I found him easy to deal with. His treatment was limited to assessment and medication adjustment, but that's normal. Appointments were not easily availabe, which was problematic. Nonetheless, I found his manner reassuring, and he was easy to talk to, for the brief and infrequent appointments I could obtain.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2008

Put me on dangerous medications at high doses that put me into a psychotic break. Was rude, insulting, uncaring, angry and unprofessional. Constantly belittled me, threatened to have me committed and then broke patient/doctor confidentiality by phoning one of my family members and telling them about it. He usually had me running from his office in tears at the end of every session. Got angry at me when I attempted suicide. Hated that I had questions about my condition and my medications.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2007

I find Dr. Butler to be very kind and pleasant. He took time to talk with me and help me through some tough matters. However, it is very hard to get a timely appointment. I literally have to wait months - which could, for some, be a matter of life or death. (And it seems the receptionists at his clinic could not care less about this.) So, if you can get an appointment this century, I highly recommend Dr. Butler.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2007