Ratings for Dr. Dean Stelmaschuk

Knowledgeable, considerate, and an excellent "chair side" manner. I recommend this dentist to anyone looking.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Radius Dental ~ I have had the good fortune and great pleasure to have been a patient of Dr. Dean Stelmaschuk for the last 16 years or more. Thorough, kind, compassionate, up to date, considerate, artistic, flexible, personable are just some of the attributes you can find in ALL the Radius Dental staff with Dr. Dean and now with Dr. Gennia leading the way ! A former Dental assistant for many years, I have seen quite a lot and consider myself a pretty good indicator of 'TRUTH through experience' in the Dentistry field ~ Radius Dental is simply the BEST Dental Practice I have seen, in a career that crossed Canada from sea to sea ~ I guess I would like to >> Get the Word out << this office is a Winner ~ in every way !! It is RARE to find so much talent in one office. Alison, and Jenn, the Managerial Staff are STELLAR , very conscientious , and accommodating, up beat with a good sense of humor ~ The Hygienists are soft with their touch and tough on the tartar ! Centrally located in lovely James Bay, on the 27, 28 bus route , with parking out front and additional parking around the back ~ A Beautiful Smile with Heart is what you will find @ Radius Dental ~ Thank you one and ALL !

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

I'm pretty nervous about going to the dentist. Dr Dean has good people at the front desk, they assured me I would be well looked after. I made the appointment. I thought it would be expensive because I haven't had regular dental care in the past. But they gave me priorities and spaced out the work. The hygienists are good and caring. I'm feeling better about my smile now and no longer as worried about going to the dentist. Thanks Dean and staff.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

My wife and I have been patients of Dr. Stelmaschuk for fifteen years. He is the finest dentist we have ever had and we totally recommend him and his staff. They are all knowledgeable and courteous. We have had nothing but good experiences with Dr. Stelmaschuk and I anticipate that you will have a similar experience. He has the hands and mind of a skilled artist and sculptor, which enables him to work quickly with a minimum of pain during and after the procedure. I just went thru the first stage of a tooth implant, where my molar was extracted, the cavity was scraped out extensively and then filled with synthetic bone chips and collagen. To my absolute amazement, I have had only a little soreness in the area during the last week! I have had insect bites that hurt much more. Dr. Dean is great!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Dr. Dean was a great dentist although there have been some rough moments over the years, we generally got along just fine. HOWEVER, within the last 5 - 7 years since moving and renaming the practice Radius, there seems to have been a shift in the front desk/administrative staff that has created intolerable issues. Unless you have major insurance, loads of money and need lots of cosmetic treatments it might be best to avoid this clinic. I'm truly sorry this formerly wonderful dentist and individual no longer feels he has to connect with his patients. Alison, the office manager might also consider another profession besides health care where individual personal communications are limited.

Submitted January 12, 2015

Submitted November 11, 2014

Dr. Stelmaschuk has been my dentist for over 18 years. As a person who had never had a cavity, I was extremely nervous when I was told I needed a crown. Both Dr. Stelmaschuk and his staff made me feel extremely comfortable about the procedure. From start to finish - everything was perfect!! I have referred my family and friends to Dr. Dean with no hesitation.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2013

I don't know what the couple of complainers are talking about. I say the positive reviews are bang on. This is the best dentist anyone could ask for. No arrogance, no attitude, and he has even corrected other dentists' bad work in my mouth a couple of times for FREE! He will give you the straight goods on what he sees in your mouth, what he recommends as treatment, and then he leaves it up to you....NO HIGH PRESSURE SALES! A genuinely caring guy who treats his staff and patients with humour and respect. Never ever runs behind....books lots of time for your appointment so you can ask all your questions. Who could ask for more?

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

I had tooth pain and Dr. Stelmaschuk said it was just sensitivity and to use new toothpaste. It continued and 6 mnths later the tooth cracked in half. There was reconstruction to the cavity. it is a year later and I still have pain on that side of my teeth and cannot chew there. This could have been caught sooner if xrays were done off the bat

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

Highly recommed Dr.Dean generally and especially if you have dental anxiety like I do. I really feel himself & his staff really pay attention and help to make you more comfortable. They are super laid back yet professional and always put me at ease. Can't recommend Radius Dental enough!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012