Ratings for Dr. John Turner Carson

Dr Carson is a very smart and has knowledge about the human body that allows him to diagnose with accuracy. He has been very helpful to me is my pursuit of health. He has led me to many ways to treat and sustain my Thyroid. I have been feeling much better since his treatments.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr Carson is an obvious expert in making diagnoses. To the casual observer the doctor or his methods may seam different. In my case he continues to pinpoint, extract, and remedy with amazing focus. I have been fortunate after living in several areas of the country to identify primary care physicians who deliver life saving skills when you need them most. I am very happy with Dr. Carson.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

I have to say that I think Dr. Carson is very knowledgeable, but I agree with some of the other posters. He is very vulgar, frequently using explicit language. On one visit, I took my 4-year-old and learned a hard lesson. Dr. Carson was in one of his moods and on a vulgar rant. Every curse word you could think of was overheard. And, no, it's not always directed at the copy machine or fax. I have heard him talk to his staff this way. No wonder they are always on edge.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

I've been going to Dr. Carson for years now, and I was surprised by some of the comments I read here. I have found his staff to be markedly helpful and personable. On one occasion, a staff member even met me during off-hours to give me copies of records I needed. That's unusual! In regard to Dr. Carson, yes, he can have a bit of a temper sometimes, but his anger is usually leveled at copiers and machines. I have NEVER - in all the years I've gone there - had Dr. Carson express any anger or frustration toward me or my daughters. Furthermore, our health issues, though not resolved by other doctors, were drastically improved once we began seeing Dr. Carson. I'm particularly thankful for his more natural approach to treatment. Our family is glad we found him!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2012

I believe Dr Carson is very knowledgable but all of the other issues make me wonder if seeing him is the best for me or any other patient. His staff is very unfriendly and they all seem to feel inconvienced by having patients show up to see the doctor. They feel the universe revolves around them and feel you should show up as soon as they tell you to. As mentioned, they then act inconvienced while you sit in the waiting room for the next hour not concerned about your time. When you do receive the bill it is handwritten and barely legible, extremely unprofessional (c'mon buy a computer). It's amazing to me how some have lost sight of who the employer is and who the employee is (after all, he does work for us). I say give them what they really want, find another doctor and let this one retire.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012

HE SAVED MY LIFE! I'll be honest but he does go off on tirates and curse, but he knows what he is doing and is there to help. I was very ill (and a minor at the time which he doesnt usually take) and I had seen numerous doctors all of which could not figure out what was wrong with me. My mom simply decribed my symptoms and he knew. He did the test to confirm before he told me, but I had Rheumatic Fever and he not only treated it until it went dorment but also did it in record time before my organs were affected. Regardless of his anger at times I see him as a real life "House." He is kind hearted just has a short fuse.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

I like the docs additude! he is strait to the piont and he will do whatever needs done to help you, and he knows what he is doing when it comes to your illness. Just saying he is a Great Doc!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Carson for almost 10 years and referred a number of people to him. Dr. Carson sees and treats the Whole person and not individual symptoms. He is able to diagnose when others have not. If you follow the plan he creates for you, you will be healthy without the use of synthetic drugs. I've watched him do amazing things with family members. One had the ER tell him he would need skin grafts. Dr. Carson worked with him and not only did he not need the grafts, you can't even tell there was a severe burn. I have many more stories like that, but not enough characters left! I have witnessed a few tirades, but it is never directed at people and I have had no problems. I concur with others: He is candid, forthright and will tell you what he thinks. Dr. Carson is very concerned about our food sources and chemicals. You don't have to totally agree with him to be his patient. And for the record, he will prescribe antibiotics and such if needed.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr.Carson for 7yrs now. He is extremely knowledgeable about alternative medicine. He has helped me tremendously. I had a mystery illness that numerous, so called doctors could not figure out, nor did they want to figure out, what was wrong with me. All they wanted to do was give me drugs with nasty side effects that made my life hell. Dr.Carson is the only doctor! I repeat, the only doctor, who knew what my illness was and how to treat it, without drugs!! He also informs you about the dangers of over the counter medicine,household chemicals,and beauty aids. It is true that he is abrupt,and abbrasive at times, but If you want warm and fuzzy and recieve NO ANSWERS OR SOLUTIONS TO YOU PROBLEMS,then by all means go to one of those other doctors. Dr.Carson is candid,upfront & gives you unbiased info about health products,vitamins, supplements, AND the scary ingredients companies put in our food & water. I am alive and healthy today thanks to Dr.Carson!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

Doc Carson tells me how to be healthy and when I follow what he says, it works! Perhaps not the best bedside manner, he's all business but always nice to me and sometimes even jovial. His staff (nurse Sue and assistant Donna) could not be any sweeter. I've been a patient for 5+ years and appreciate his knowledge and helpful advice. I have lowered my cholesterol from 242 to 197 within 6 months using his advice on altering my diet alone. I stuck to it and it worked. I highly recommend him! If you want warm n fuzzy, call a friend; if you want results, call Dr. Carson.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

Dr. John Turner Carson's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

TRICARE