Ratings for Dr. Maureen Cernadas

I didn't find her to have compassion for what I was going through. For such a personal exam, a little warmth and friendliness would ease the awkwardness. There was no time for this at all. I felt like a widget on an assembly line. Next! Minimal time spent discussing my condition with me, and made me feel like I was stupid for even bothering to come in. Took the most minimal steps to treat my issue, if you can even call it treating my condition. I wouldn't want to see her again.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I had been going to Brunswick Hills for 20+ years since I was a teenager. At the age of 25, I was dx with fibroids by Dr. Goldberg and had a myomectomy. Then, he left the practice & I started seeing Dr. Cernadas. BIG mistake! I could not believe a female could be so dismissive of uterine diseases. After years & years of agonizing pain, she told me to 'suck it up.' Seriously! Well, I went back to Dr. Goldberg and turns out I have adenomyosis & it is so bad I need a hysterectomy at 39. Perhaps if Dr. Cernadas took a little more time listening to her patients rather than telling them to 'suck it up' maybe this disease could have been treated and maybe I could have saved my uterus and had a baby. Would not see her again if my life depended on it.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

This is a man writing this review. My wife has been going to the practice for the last 15 years. She has nothing to say about any of the doctors. When my wife was pregnant with her first baby, Dr. Cernadas was there for her every step of the way. When my wife went into labor, within minutes, I got a call back from dr. Cernadas. We went to the hospital and from there it was smooth sailing. She was very professional, courteous and most of all, made my wife feel at ease. The thing that people don't understand is that EVERY company is cutting back. That why people may seem like they are being rush. My wife never felt the need to go to the practice to chit chat. She has questions and they always get answer. I would recommend anyone to this practice.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Cernadas for over 12 yrs and I absolutely NOTHING negative to say about her or other doctors in this practice! She is an excellent OBGYN doctor and I will not see anyone else in this practice but Dr Cernadas. Is her office always packed with patients...you bet it is because this is a great practice or the volume of people would not be coming to this office! So when you start complaining about how you are "mistreated, not listened to, blah, blah, blah"...ask yourself if it might be YOU and not those attempting to help resolve your medical issues!!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

I am totally shocked at all these great reviews of Dr. Cernadas! This woman is very rude and dismissive! She is cocky and lacks "people" skills! Most of the docs at Brunswick Hills OB/GYN are this way!!! They are a huge group and are over-loaded with patients. They do not like it when you ask questions or do research because they are always in a rush!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

When I saw her she was the only doc in the office and it was late, so perhaps that explains why i felt rushed and like I couldn't get a word in. She had an almost joking, snarky attitude that lightened the mood. Nonetheless, i think on a better day for us both I'd have a better experience. my big gripe is with the nurses and front desk. There are too many young girls busy gossiping instead of answering questions. There is also one awful nurse who should not be in this business. I'm sticking with the practice for the good doctors ive seen, but they better wise up in how they manage the practice. They have no clue whats going on out front.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2011

I was first told to go to Cernadas when I first got pregnant.. met her, didn't care for her. She must have been having a bad day. Went to other doctors in the group. When I went into labor on saturday and lost the plug- paged her and she called us right back in under 5 minutes. Later on in the day, when contractions were closer together, paged her again, and less then 5 minutes she called, talked to her, and told us to come in. She was waiting for us when we got to St. Peters. Made delivery less scary for a first-timer. Staff is good.. treat them nicely they will treat you nicely too. I would go back again.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2008

I pretty much owe my life to Dr. Cernadas and Dr. Cherot of this practice. I was induced 3 weeks early back in December when I had my son and I ended up with complications afterwards that put me in ICU. Dr. Cernadas delivered my son and didn't leave my side afterwards. She rushed me down for a ct scan and canceled the rest of her schedule so that she would be by my side. She is simply amazing. I have to admit the first time I meet her during my pregnancy (cause they make you see all the obs), I didn't care for her for some reason, I don't even know why.... BUT the day of the delivery and getting to know her my mind was totally changed. She is caring and has a great personality and sense of humor. I HIGHLY recommend her and this practice. They are AMAZING....all of them.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

she is amazing!!! I was having a problem that lasted for a very long time and no one was able to figure out what it was... as soon as i came to her... she helped me right away and gave me a medication that did wonders!!! She's also really funny, personable and friendly!! greatest doctor!!!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2008

Dr. Cernadas is a absolutetly wonderful doctor. I have never meant a doctor such as herself. I was very sick and frighten because of my condition. She knew just what to do and how to do it, explaining details to me every step of the way. I felt as if she was one of God's angels. She makes time to talk to you. She listens!!! She gets right to the problem. I recommend her to any woman that may be frighten about a OBGYN problem or just a regular check-up. Dr. Cernadas took the extra mile for me. GREAT DOCTOR!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2007

Dr. Maureen Cernadas's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 1996)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Hillsborough, NJ