You may also like

Rate Dr. Kareem M. Abu-Elmagd

Dr. Kareem M. Abu-Elmagd's Ratings

This man works so hard and tries to save so many people,sometimes he can't but he helped my daughter,Kelly, to live longer than we had expected that she would due to someone's mistakes when he was in Pittsburg,Pa.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2762740].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Dr Kareem Abu-Elmagd saved my son where others gave us no hope .He was very loved by my son and thankful for the 17years that he added to his life .It wasn't always easy but with out Kareem it would have been impossible .He will always have a special place in our hearts .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2664507].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 28, 2014

Dr. Kareem Abu-Elmagd is dedicated to his patients and families. He is passionate about his patients and his work as a pioneer of transplantation. My husband would have died if not for Dr. Kareem and his team in Pittsburgh. We are happy that he is much closer to us now at the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Kareem is never too busy to answer e-mails or calls from his patients or family members. He is amazing! "Humility means knowing and using your strength for the benefit of others, on behalf of a higher purpose." - Alan Ross

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2536415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

Dr. Kareem is an amazing doctor. He saved my daughter's life!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

Dr Kareem is one of a kind. He is a very gifted surgeon and very blessed. He has just so much time to do what he has to do for so many people, so when others aren't on the same page, it can be upsetting to those folks. Thank you for giving me my daughter 5 additional years Dr Kareem.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1131130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

He in doubt is a gifted surgeon but he is very condescending to women in general. He has broken the record at Upmc for how bad he treats nurses and how many he has made cry. If your treated like a God then you begin to act like one. Everyone is well aware of how he treats people and his horrible bedside manner. When you are in a life or death situation you just want to live and he is very good at that. As a whole considering all the surgeons I worked with .. They don't have the best bedside manner. If I have to choose I want it all for the amount of money this top heavy healthcare system costs. If I know your competent, certified and gifted.. I want to be able to talk with you and fill comfortable if you are cutting me open!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1131129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Very condescending, and easily bothered if you ask too many questions. He mistreats nurses regularly in front of patients and while he is knowledgeable and seems caring most times, his bed side manners need much improvement. He saved my life once and will be grateful, but the emotional toll on wife and family due to his rudeness at times is hard to swallow. I was told it is because of the different culture of where he comes from. May be. But he's been here a long time and should know what to say and not to say. He is a prima donna no doubt, but if you can take the abuse, go with him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1131132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

My father-in-law came to Dr. Kareem after surgeons in major hospitals in the DC, Baltimore, and Richmond area said there was no hope. He had a coloscopy bag and all other specialists said he would always have to wear it and would probably die in 6 months. Dr. Kareem was able to reconect him and he is still living after 10 years. Thank you Dr. Kareem and staff

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2011

I have had several abdominal surgeries and my prognosis looked dim until I met Dr. Kareem. Dr. Kareem is an unbeliebable surgeon and his staff is always on top of things. They are in my experience of seeing many doctors, surgeons, oncologists, radiologists, ets. the BEST!! and they truely care abuot their patients. Anyone needing any type of abdominal surgery or if they have any obscure condition or disease in the abdomin must see him. He not only saved my life but he gave me a quality of life. I was able to return to work and work full time. I have three small children and I am able to keep up with them. He strives not to keep you alive but so you have a life. Dr. Kareem did what no other surgeon could do. I just wish I went to him first.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1131127].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010

I trust Dr. Kareem with my daughter's life. I know she's in the best hands possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131126].votes_count ]]