You may also like

Ratings for Dr. John Dickinson

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

As others have said, Dr Dickinson is far to busy!! He is busy for a reason!! He is one of the best at what he goes. I have had numerous injections in an effort to maintain my vision, and EVERY visit goes down the same way. He is very focused and professional from the minute he walks thru the door. As others have said, he is not chatty. It is straight down to the business at hand. If you want "chatty", talk to the people in the waiting room. There are always plenty of people waiting there, and let the doctor do his job :)

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Discourteous with a little god complex. No big deal if the work is good I decide,,,well as soon as there is a little post op issue or the results are not top notch you, the patient, become persona non grata. Had a second detached retina surgery with him and it didn't feel quite right immediately. After bringing this up at our first post op meeting suddenly it was like pulling teeth to get in to see him. After the first surgery I would book the next appt. and a week out I would get a confirmation call and then a day before reminder call. After mentioning my concerns after the second operation I got no phone calls. They actually sent me a letter, you know Canada Post, to advise me of an appointment for Dec the 29th. It was post marked the 22nd of December. It arrived Jan 5th with a letter post marked the 30th of Dec advising me I had missed my appt. They had my home land line number, office and cell numbers and an email address but they chose to "snail mail" me during the Holiday Season...it was the first time they had ever sent anything via post. Unbelievable.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

I had a good experience with Dr. Dickinson - for the initial consultation, the surgery and the follow up. Everything seemed to run very efficiently and I found Dr. Dickinson to be polite, clear in his explanations and asked me if I was ok during the procedure. He's not chatty, but he's focused and good at what he does. That is what is important to me.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Very rude, very ignorant, unhelpful, very disappointed with this Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Always professional, knowledgeable, highly concentrated on the eye problem. If I wanted a conversation, I would go to Tim Hortons, After being blind for the past 1 1/2yrs, I am indebted to this wonderful man and his amazing skills. I have vision restored in right eye and in 2014 hope for similar results in my left eye. After triple bypass in April/13, trust me, there are worse things than vision loss.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2013

my brother saw this doctor when he was 17...he went down with hemorrhage in the back of the eye ..doc gave him no help but only furthered the problem...he is now completely blind due to this neglect...he some how forgot to tell my brother he was highly susceptible to infection...but he didn't forget to tell him after...oops!!...rude...ignorant...unfriendly...impatient...with a huge god like complex...please do not see this doctor if referred...he ruined a young mans life and has no remorse...

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

I saw Dr. Dickinson about a month ago. I flew home just for the appointment. He was not helpful, did not give me time to have any questions answered. Was more worried about if I had insurance and did not like the idea of filling out a form. Said I probably would not be covered anyway. Then, told me the province would not be of any help and listed his fees and the cost of the injections. Then, proceeded to get upset when asked if my condition had advanced when comparing the 2 scans .Said his scan was the only one that counted! Seems he is more concerned about the money then helping people keep their sight. Have not heard one word back since he received notice that my insurance company denied any coverage. I have since found a more ethical doctor who took time to go over my condition . Dr. Dickinson may be the best , but, needs to take a course on "how to treat people." and seem so uncaring.I read about him before my appointment,but, nothing could have prepared me for his treatment.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2013

Dr. Dickinson has done several retinal surgeries for me but in the end I have a silicone bubble which is the only thing holding the retina in place. While he makes a small effort to be courteous, he is much too rushed. I am of course disappointed that he can do nothing more about my problem, but I know little about such things and since he is the best we have, there is little to no choice. As for Wendy and her 'uniform' at least you know she;s a nurse and not one of the cleaning staff.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

Dr. John Dickinson's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Arrogant and disrespectful! He talks down to patients and staff with a major God complex."

March 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "As others have said, Dr Dickinson is far to busy!! He is busy for a reason!! He is one of the best at what he goes. I have had numerous injections in an effo..."

December 14, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Discourteous with a little god complex. No big deal if the work is good I decide,,,well as soon as there is a little post op issue or the results are not top no..."

November 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw this eye surgeon for a retinal detachment. Very professional and he the staff were all kind to me. Highly recommended"

May 2, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a good experience with Dr. Dickinson - for the initial consultation, the surgery and the follow up. Everything seemed to run very efficiently and I found ..."

February 9, 2015
  • Last Name changed from "Dickenson" to "Dickinson", First Name changed from "" to "John"

April 26, 2012