Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Labellarte

Doctor Labellarte is absolutely wonderful. He is very honest and his memory for your children's issues is outstanding. My twins have had issues with anxiety and ADHD since they were four. After going through three different doctors who gave my children the wrong diagnoses and wrong medications, I thought our lives would never improve. I stumbled across the CPE clinic and have found the doctor my kids needed. Now, my kids issues are being managed by a very knowledgeable doctor. Don't hesitate to contact Dr Labellarte

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Labellarte for many years and I know he is an excellent doctor. His knowledge of medicine and how they interact is amazing. I have hit some very mental low points in my life and I am grateful for Dr. L and all the help he has given me thru out the years. I have found out (the hard way) that you can not put a price on mental health. His staff is very friendly and helpful. I have no problem making my appointments. They are a joy to talk with. I highly recommend him and his team.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

If you need a doctor who can complete an evaluation and identify what is wrong and what will help, Dr. L. is the one to see. He is a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist with a team of hand-selected clinicians who can make a difference in your day to day life. I am a clinician and a referrer for evaluation and medication. Now with the patient portal, it is even easier to contact the practice. The women that manage the office do the best they can do to take calls and ensure that patient needs are met. I highly recommend him and his team!!.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I am astounded that this man thinks he can treat children. I have never met a physician that is so arrogant, dismissive or his patient's feelings, abrupt to the family and very over-reactive. He is uncooperative with other treating professionals and dismisses them. My child did not trust this man at all. The is a doctor is a legend in his own mind. Thankfully we found a compassionate, helpful and trustworthy doctor to treat our child. Think very clearly about spending $550 to see this man. It is comforting to me that several people has used the word arrogant. I know that I am not alone in my family's experience with this man.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Sometimes I can't tell if he is a great doctor or has us believe he is because he SAYS SO. Results inconsistent. Dismissive. Patronizing. Perhaps the most arrogant person I've ever met. If you can confirm to helps demands for a practice thats highest priority is his own convenience and prosperity, then he's your guy. Has seen our child for years, but I don't feel he is committed to their well-being at all. Thought it was maybe just me until I finally decided to look up his ratings. I'm just sad about it. He has the potential to be superman.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

Dr. LaBellarte has really helped our family get past some troubling and trying times. I do not agree with most of the negative comments below, wait time can be frustrating but he always gives us our full appointment regardless. I have waited way longer for several other doctors. You do not always get a live person when you call the office, but they are good about returning calls and emails promptly. All in all we have a lot of respect for the doctor and highly value his opinion.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Mental health is not as easily addressed as a pediatrician would address a cold, virus, or other common symptom. I felt lucky to have so much face to face time with an expert to understand my child's situation and how to address it. I may not have wanted the diagnosis my child recieved, but I now feel like I am doing the best for my child - and had support from Dr. Labellarte with the school and his pediatrician. I always recieved a return email and response with Dr. Labellarte or his office in a timely fashion - what other doctor gives you his cell phone number?

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Rude, arrogant, no bedside manner. Neither he nor his staff return phone calls. He ignored several requests for a prescription refill from my pharmacy. Not good with children. Rude and dismissive. Very expensive.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

I am stunned at some of the negative reports above. Dr Labellarte has treated both my children the past few years with attentive, supportive, consistent, knowlegeable & expert care. He's done battle on their behalf w/public schools & now at 2 huge universities to ensure they receive legal accommodations. He doesn't give up on finding the right diagnoses & the best therapeutic solutions to their unique challenges. He's expensive but how do you put a price on your kids' lives? I won't risk my children's mental health to any other provider. He knows them as individuals & as friends & they trust him implicitly. He's literally saved their lives. Perhaps he's not the right doctor for everyone but we feel incredibly lucky to be in his care.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Well he's a good doctor, its unexcusable how slow if ever he responds to his patients. Things such as a refill request require several phone calls before he will respond. If you're insurance company sends a refill request (Teldrug) he also completely ignores it. His staff is his wife, who doesn't return phone calls. While he might know his stuff, he doesn't obviously care about his patients. I would not recommend him because he is impossible to work with.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

Dr. Michael J. Labellarte's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1991)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal