Ratings for Dr. DAVID W. Cheshire

I really don't understand how the previous poster had such a difficult experience with Dr. Cheshire; I've been seeing him for about 2 years, and the biggest complaint I can think of is punctuality. When I started seeing Dr. Cheshire, I was a mess to say the least. I've never been very comfortable talking about my problems to a stranger, however, by the 3rd visit, I felt completely at ease in his office. Dr. Cheshire has helped me become a stronger, more goal oriented person who just graduated college. If something happens, 9/10 times I know I can either call the office, or his cell phone, and he will be there to help. How many Dr.'s just call to see how you're doing?! Really a knowledgable Dr. who cares about his patients. (I don't use insurance so there's no way I'd still be going if didn't feel this way haha)

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

This doctor will not help you so do not waste your time and money. If you ask for anti-depressants for a documented medical condition, he will falsely accuse you of being an addict and insist you go to drug rehab, even though there are no reasons to back up his false claims. He followed me out into the waiting room, started yelling at me and disclosed information regarding my condition in front of everyone in the waiting room. My fiancee stepped in to intervene and stated that there was no reason to suggest inpatient therapy, and he proceeded to call her stupid and told me I was fired as a patient and to leave and never come back. His age also interferes with the way he conducts his visits. I had to repeat myself over and over again because he was having a hard time hearing me, and he kept taking personal calls during the session. He refused my treatment in the end and told me to go off my meds and exercise instead, even though I am bipolar and need treatment. Do NOT go here!!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Dr. DAVID W. Cheshire's Credentials

• Med Fac Der Johannes Gutenberg Univ, Mainz, Rheinland Pfalz (Grad. 1960)