Ratings for Dr. Richard Roston

He's very good and I would highly recommend him to everyone. He's very caring and gentle.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

I don't see the comment I posted here a year or so ago. I had been a patient of Dr. Roston's for 8 years - on my last visit to him he referred me to a periodontist in Langley, but refused to tell me why the referral, and why he wanted me to go to Langley. His assistant wouldn't tell me either. As my dental care is important to me, and I'm willing to pay for it, I immediately went to the periodontist - the first question he asked me was, "can you feel the puss that is dripping from your gums?" I was shaken and went into shock - with horror over the situation in my mouth, and over Dr. Roston not giving me any indication I had bone/gum disease or that there was pus dripping from my gums. I came to Dr. Roston with costly implants and was willing to spend whatever money was necessary to maintain them and my dental health. I have had to have surgery on my jaw and have lost the implants, bone, and gum that I will never be able to recoup. The most difficult part for me was that I had trusted Dr. Roston and his care, and trusted his assistant, and really needed him and his assistant to be honest with me about the condition in my mouth. I've since been made aware I have other periodontist issues and should have received a referral from Dr. Roston long before I did.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

I came to Dr Roston 8 years ago after our long term family dentist died. At the time, Dr Roston had a flourishing practice, great staff, and was engaged in his patients and profession. He found some problems my other dentist had missed. In the last year or so, things have changed - he seems disinterested and distracted, patient numbers seem to have dropped off and front end staff changes have occurred. Plus he is suddenly pushing crowns. I had this checked elsewhere, and it seems the crowns aren't necessary right now. I have now moved to another dentist.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

He doesn't know what he is doing, and he doesn't care

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Botched a crown, which cannot be fixed. Had to go to another dentist to try to mitigate the damage. Dr. Roston didn't seem to know what he was doing, or didn't care.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

My wife and I were patients of Dr Roston for almost 10 years. We are satisfied with the services received and my wife had more dental work than I did. The hygienists are very good. I believe that Dr Roston is gently trying to convince you to accept expensive dental work. Also, the new assistant that was hired a few months ago is not properly trained. We are experiencing problems with our insurance as she does not know how to submit the claims. This creates a lot of pain for us, as our claims are delayed for 2 weeks or more. Dr Roston should make sure his staff is properly trained!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Had been a patient of Dr Roston for 20+ years. He and his staff are very pleasant. For general dentistry I feel he is competent. However, I have been less than satisfied with the crown work provided. Due to the unacceptable results I have received, I have made the decision to change dentists and go to someone who will provide me with the service and care that I expect.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

80/50 coverage by blue cross also had veneers on front teeth not covered. I think I paid $500 per tooth (not covered). they are beautiful.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

Dr. Roston is very friendly, gentle, and knowledgeable. He treats me like a friend, tells me jokes at times. I recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2007