Ratings for Dr. Samira Girgis

Dr. Girgis has poor communication skills. She does not give much insight into your medical condition, very frustrating. Will not attend to more than 2 medical issues, you have to come back to discuss the other issues on another day. Ok, great, how about I put my illnesses on hold so she can make more money. It's really not about me. It's about her pocket. I'm happy I found another doctor who is far superior over her, who does not get me out the room in five minutes, who listens and uses his brains to investigate further.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

I have visited Dr. Girgis for a while now just admiring how she works , I don't know how any doctor in Ontario, Canada is able to photocopy prescriptions, to underaged patient's but I am curious to find out the law in Canada under pharmaceutical prescription's .

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

I waited over an hour for Dr Girgis, to find out she had skipped my room 3 times! I was there with my son for concussion protocol. I left without saying a word because I didn't want to make a scene. This is a perfect example of bad service!!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I totally agree with the comments below that she needs to improve her communication skills and knowledge;being a health care practitioner myself,I had to question her clinical judgment and guideline usage multiple times. A lot of physicians who practice patient centred care get spoiled their reputation because of the very few who count visits/billing rather than offering quality care.She has been my family doctor over 1yr- billing for$33/visit over 1minute is not a safe /quality practice to me.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Horrible doctor! My sister and I have been seeing Dr. Girgis for years - she is by far the worse doctor, she does not have the knowledge to diagnose a patient. when you are sent for ultra sounds and blood tests she dismisses the results and says you are fine. I have asked multiple times to be referred to a Gyne due to PCOS and she has refused to refer both my sister and I. I went to her earlier this year about pains in my feet and I had to ask for the tests to be done and she had refused to do the majority of the testing. She does not care about the well-being of her patients. I had gone into the clinic while Dr. Singh (new walk in doctor) was in, Dr. Singh had asked me why I was on all these medications, as these are temporary fixes and Dr. Girgis should have taken me off the meds after a few months. In one visit Dr. Singh was more helpful than Dr. Girgis has been in the past 7 years. I will never recommend anyone to go to her. Her licenses should be revoked - the medical board should be looking at these reviews as there are many patients that she has mistreated/misdiagnosed, she cares only about money and not the health of people. Why be a doctor when you don't know what you are doing. Very disappointed! I will be looking for a new family doctor as my health has gotten worse with Dr. Girgis misdiagnose.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Sorry, I can't give her a very good rating. She could improve her bed side manner and communication skills, and improve the efficiency of her diagnosis. Wait times were OK, but it always seems like there is a large back log when she is in vs. Dr. Myint and Saif. The office staff are pretty bad though. Too bad there is not a separate rating for them.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

I have been with Dr.Girgis for nearly a year now and was shocked to read these reviews. I have seen her numerous times over the last year and found her to have excellent communication skills and empathy for my health situation. When required she quickly referred me to a specialist and followed up. Perhaps some of these individuals who have such negative comments should review there own behaviour and the attitude they may be bringing into this office. My experiences with Dr. Girgis and her colleagues were all positive. Wait times could be improved but that all comes with having a Doctor that works in a walk in clinic.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Dr. Girgis is a horrible doctor and her license should be revoked. I had terrible pain in my abdomen and was sent for a pelvic ultrasound by a different doctor. The sonographer told me that I had a polyp that needed to be taken care of, and that the report would be sent to my doctor. Dr. Girgis read the report and dismissed it as not important. I forced my way in to discuss the results with another doctor at the clinic, who advised me that it required a referral to a Gyne. I also do not know if the polyp is benign or malignant. If I hadn't gone in, this doctor had completely ignored my results. In addition, I have a family history of heart patients, and my cholesterol doubled since my last visit. She also dismissed my bloodwork results completely, and did not discuss them with me. I had to look at my own results by requesting a copy. I think this doctor is just a lawsuit waiting to happen.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Oh my god. How is this lady a certified doctor? She has misdiagnosed just about every person in my family. She needs to get back to the books and study.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

She has no communication. skills, the only reason I go to her because theres no available doctors in Mississauga.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015