You may also like

Rate Dr. Scott Taskey

Dr. Scott Taskey's Ratings

I went to Dr Taskey for years, initially most pleased; over time, visits were not as pleasant initially due to parking downtown, receptionist became abruptly rude, a long visit when half my face fell.He did not say anything, but during a break I used the washroom and the face in the mirror scared me to death.It appeared as if I had a stroke. Returning to the room, he did not address my appearance. I spoke up, and he dismissed it by saying he must have hit a nerve which can happen. I did not say anything, but my confidence in Dr. Taskey was gone; I began to dread the visits. Subsequently I chose to change dentists, during which time my last root canal and crown were readdressed and attended to. For years Dr Taskey created a pleasant dental visit; unfortunately over time this changed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2894451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2015

Recently eating a cherry, bit the pit which broke one of my molars. I rather panicked, never before had what I consider a "dental emergency". His kind receptionist assured me they would see me that very day which in itself; was calming and courteous, in my opinion. Once there; his humour combined with knowledge I found very re-assuring. Dr. Taskey informed me of my options and that he would repair it today, if I so desired. .. His dental team are some of the kindest, fun group I have encountered at any professional environment. Needless to say: I feel this : same day, caring and very professional treatment- Is a rare experience and act these days. I just can't thank his staff and himself enough. Truly a unique, fabulous office! Well done

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2877307].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

I had a root canal done by Dr Taskey and now my tooth is cracked. I went to see a second dentist and the dentist had to remove my tooth since it was damaged beyond repair. I am now going to need an implant.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2782184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

Dr. Scott Taskey's response
Has the tooth been crowned? It is common practice to place a crown on the tooth after root canal treatment, otherwise the tooth can crack easily.

Submitted May 4, 2015

I don't like going to the dentist (really, who does?) however over the last 20 years our experiences with Scott Taskey and his staff make a trip to the dentist that much more palatable (no pun intended). Albeit table stakes, Dr. Taskey is a consummate professional and stickler for details; he's also been accessible after hours which my family really appreciates. But what really sets his practise apart is the feeling of comfort one gets upon arriving at his clinic. His staff really seem to enjoy their jobs, each other and their patients. This is indeed a rare thing, requiring not only the right people, but also sensitive leadership able to balance a variety of needs to facilitate good corporate culture.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2543516].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Dr. Scott Taskey's response
Thank you for your wonderful review. We strive to create a comfortable atmosphere for our patients and treat them as we would anyone in our family. Thank you for your confidence in our team and your continued support!

Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr Taskey is a wonderful dentist. He identified age old problems and fixed pain that had been for years. He has surrounded himself with exceptional staff who are always warm and friendly. My children look forward to their appointments. If I go and they don't they are upset. Some procedures are not pleasant, but they are handled in the most professional manner and the team gets the patient through in the end. Nothing but rave reviews for this office!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2518741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

Dr. Scott Taskey's response
Thank you for your kind words, it is so nice to hear that you look forward to your appointments. We appreciate your input and look forward to treating you in the future.

Submitted May 4, 2015

I moved to Edmonton and went to Dr. Taskey as that is where my partner goes. I was impressed. The hygienist and other staff were friendly and efficient and Dr. Taskey was able to tell me some of my dental history from looking at my teeth. He complemented the work of my previous dentists and the orthodontist I had in 1975 because he could see that I had been provided with quality dental care. This was a first and I appreciated hearing such wonderful feedback. I would recommend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2442996].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Taskey for years, on and off. He WAS a pretty good dentist, up til my last visit. I had a root canal done and was prepped for a crown. When the day came to get the crown done, it was not fit properly and he KNEW it by the way he had to struggle to get it on my gum. He was practically swearing out loud as he tried to place it. Pushed and pushed and pushed. He finally managed to get it into place...after a loud CRACK. The crown was damaged in the process, leaving a visible black spot on the surface. He didn't say a word about the cracking noise(I think he hoped I hadn't noticed). I also got a large abcess on the site two days after the crown was attached. The crown is not fit properly-you can see the black band on both sides of the tooth and to this day I have a chronic infection there-and a new dentist has told me the tooth now should really come OUT to get rid of the infection. The root of the tooth may have been broken in the struggle to replace it.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2442995].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Normally I hate dental visits - even cleanings - but I felt relaxed, informed, and included in my own care. The staff were all very friendly and the entire process, from intake to billing, was handled in an efficient and professional manner. The waiting room is small but has a cozy feel with comfortable seating and plenty to read. The procedure areas are built on an open floor plan with lots of natural light coming through a large window facing the street. It was an enjoyable visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2442994].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

Best dentist experience I have ever had in DECADES... Dr. Taskey is an exceptional dentist with exceptional staff, he shows you what you need done, explains anything necessary or provides information if you have questions, well beyond "drill you and send you packing". Knows how to freeze you just right weather its cleaning and checking and examining you to identify all your mouth issues not just dental work, drilling cavities out with care and expertise, building crowns, readjusting bites. All of the things dentists have done over the years to me, Other dentists have been "yanking at my mouth or pulling to hard, too much pressure, careless placing of bracers or hurting or cutting gums or cheek etc". Not Dr. Taskey, basically hes just not careless, he certainly seems to love being a dentist, it shows. I am not writing this because I need a dentist, I FOUND the dentist i prefer!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1132460].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

Dr Scott Taskey has had the good sense to surround himself with excellent hygienists and administrative staff to complement his talents as a dentist. He is a consummate professional, providing dental care of impeccable standards with an engaging manner that is brisk but never brusque.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1132459].votes_count ]]