Ratings for Dr. Scott Taskey

Dr. Taskey and his staff are welcoming, knowledgable, and genuine. I use to be terrified about going to the dentist until my friend recommended me to Dr. Taskey and his team. Dr. Taskey takes his time with each patient and makes them feel comfortable. He explained step by step what he was doing while entertaining me with various stories (made keeping my mouth shut a challenge!!). He is especially great with children, a rare trait in a dentist. Best dentist in edmonton by far!!!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

I have been attended by DrTaskey since he was right out of school and that means he has taken me and my family ( 9 pf us in all) through a great diversity of treatments. The joy he takes in getting the job "just right" is a testament to his high standards. Likewise his team is long-standing and the synergy between professionalism and personal service os outstanding. I am really surprised by the harsh words about the front office because I have always been warmly welcomed and often accomodated due to changes in my availability or need for a payment plan. I suppose demtistry is like lots of businesses, complainers being more interested in airing grievances that happy clients making time to say something nice. After years of referring folks to Dr T I have heard only appreciation from friends & colleaques. No hesitation in recommending he and him team whatsoever.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Dr Scott has been my family's dentist for a long time and always been above expectations however his secretary Janice is very rude and has now deterred me from returning. The work that dr taskey does is great and your visits will always be at ease when working with him and his colleagues. I will be sad to not have him as my dentist but have never been disrespected and made feel so belittled before

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

I went to Dr Taskey for years, initially most pleased; over time, visits were not as pleasant initially due to parking downtown, receptionist became abruptly rude, a long visit when half my face fell.He did not say anything, but during a break I used the washroom and the face in the mirror scared me to death.It appeared as if I had a stroke. Returning to the room, he did not address my appearance. I spoke up, and he dismissed it by saying he must have hit a nerve which can happen. I did not say anything, but my confidence in Dr. Taskey was gone; I began to dread the visits. Subsequently I chose to change dentists, during which time my last root canal and crown were readdressed and attended to. For years Dr Taskey created a pleasant dental visit; unfortunately over time this changed.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Recently eating a cherry, bit the pit which broke one of my molars. I rather panicked, never before had what I consider a "dental emergency". His kind receptionist assured me they would see me that very day which in itself; was calming and courteous, in my opinion. Once there; his humour combined with knowledge I found very re-assuring. Dr. Taskey informed me of my options and that he would repair it today, if I so desired. .. His dental team are some of the kindest, fun group I have encountered at any professional environment. Needless to say: I feel this : same day, caring and very professional treatment- Is a rare experience and act these days. I just can't thank his staff and himself enough. Truly a unique, fabulous office! Well done

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

I had a root canal done by Dr Taskey and now my tooth is cracked. I went to see a second dentist and the dentist had to remove my tooth since it was damaged beyond repair. I am now going to need an implant.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

Dr. Scott Taskey's response
Has the tooth been crowned? It is common practice to place a crown on the tooth after root canal treatment, otherwise the tooth can crack easily.

Submitted May 4, 2015

I don't like going to the dentist (really, who does?) however over the last 20 years our experiences with Scott Taskey and his staff make a trip to the dentist that much more palatable (no pun intended). Albeit table stakes, Dr. Taskey is a consummate professional and stickler for details; he's also been accessible after hours which my family really appreciates. But what really sets his practise apart is the feeling of comfort one gets upon arriving at his clinic. His staff really seem to enjoy their jobs, each other and their patients. This is indeed a rare thing, requiring not only the right people, but also sensitive leadership able to balance a variety of needs to facilitate good corporate culture.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr. Scott Taskey's response
Thank you for your wonderful review. We strive to create a comfortable atmosphere for our patients and treat them as we would anyone in our family. Thank you for your confidence in our team and your continued support!

Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr Taskey is a wonderful dentist. He identified age old problems and fixed pain that had been for years. He has surrounded himself with exceptional staff who are always warm and friendly. My children look forward to their appointments. If I go and they don't they are upset. Some procedures are not pleasant, but they are handled in the most professional manner and the team gets the patient through in the end. Nothing but rave reviews for this office!!!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr. Scott Taskey's response
Thank you for your kind words, it is so nice to hear that you look forward to your appointments. We appreciate your input and look forward to treating you in the future.

Submitted May 4, 2015

I moved to Edmonton and went to Dr. Taskey as that is where my partner goes. I was impressed. The hygienist and other staff were friendly and efficient and Dr. Taskey was able to tell me some of my dental history from looking at my teeth. He complemented the work of my previous dentists and the orthodontist I had in 1975 because he could see that I had been provided with quality dental care. This was a first and I appreciated hearing such wonderful feedback. I would recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Taskey for years, on and off. He WAS a pretty good dentist, up til my last visit. I had a root canal done and was prepped for a crown. When the day came to get the crown done, it was not fit properly and he KNEW it by the way he had to struggle to get it on my gum. He was practically swearing out loud as he tried to place it. Pushed and pushed and pushed. He finally managed to get it into place...after a loud CRACK. The crown was damaged in the process, leaving a visible black spot on the surface. He didn't say a word about the cracking noise(I think he hoped I hadn't noticed). I also got a large abcess on the site two days after the crown was attached. The crown is not fit properly-you can see the black band on both sides of the tooth and to this day I have a chronic infection there-and a new dentist has told me the tooth now should really come OUT to get rid of the infection. The root of the tooth may have been broken in the struggle to replace it.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Dr. Scott Taskey's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University of Alberta (Grad. 1984)

• Alberta Blue Cross
Greatwestlife
Manulife Financial
SunLife Financial

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been attended by DrTaskey since he was right out of school and that means he has taken me and my family ( 9 pf us in all) through a great diversity of tr..."

October 8, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Taskey and his staff are welcoming, knowledgable, and genuine. I use to be terrified about going to the dentist until my friend recommended me to Dr. Taskey..."

September 21, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr Scott has been my family's dentist for a long time and always been above expectations however his secretary Janice is very rude and has now deterred me from..."

September 17, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr Taskey for years, initially most pleased; over time, visits were not as pleasant initially due to parking downtown, receptionist became abruptly ru..."

August 13, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Recently eating a cherry, bit the pit which broke one of my molars. I rather panicked, never before had what I consider a "dental emergency". His kind r..."

July 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "i am writing again. I am the patient with the infected tooth after the crown placement. The chunks of roots he broke off have now found their way out of my gum...."

June 15, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.dentistryinedmonton.com" to "http://www.dentistryinedmonton.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T5J 3G2". Address has been updated from "None" to "Suite 220, 101 A Avenue, 10020, Edmonton". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804249737".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I had a root canal done by Dr Taskey and now my tooth is cracked. I went to see a second dentist and the dentist had to remove my tooth since it was damaged be..."

April 19, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "After the issue with the damage to my mouth, facing the loss of a tooth, and still regularly having to be put on antibiotics to deal with the tooth and infectio..."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I don't like going to the dentist (really, who does?) however over the last 20 years our experiences with Scott Taskey and his staff make a trip to the dentist ..."

September 19, 2014