Ratings for Dr. Kevin Elizabeth Carlson

Dr. Carlson is a doctor who truly cares about her patients. She has been a wonderful blessing to me along with many of my family members and neighbors. She is honest, funny and dedicated. I cannot imagine going to anyone else for a PCP. If more doctors were like Dr. Carlson, people would not be so cynical about health care. She rocks!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

She is an expensive physician to have on a "retainer" and not very knowledgeable as I had to seek the consultation of another provider.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I am a very complex patient with many problems, and Dr. Carlson is the only Dr. to ever sit and really take the time to figure out whats wrong with me. She never rushes our exam, and always wants to know me not just as her "patient" but as a person. She has a wonderful staff who also care greatly for their patients. She's the best Dr. I've ever been to, and I've been to a lot!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

Love her ..... she has a wicked sense of humor which is probably why she said to the other patient hurry up I'm hungry. She would not have meant that seriously. Spends lots of time with you and always listens.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

Dr.Carlson is both professional and kind. She is respectful of her patients, treats you like you are intelligent and works with you to develop treatment plans. I have many complex health issues and she has always given me great advice. As such, I've been the healthiest I've ever been. She's great with her referrals - she's always sent me to the best specialists around. She is the best doctor I've ever had.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2010

She is terrific. She listens and is a superb diagnostician. She cares a great deal about her patients. Treatment is a cooperative process.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

She interrupted my appointment by announcing "hurry up. I'm hungry." Drug reps had brought lunch. Very unprofessional. On the upside, she respects my opinions.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. Carlson's outstanding professional credentials tell only part of the story. Because of the economics of general practices she needs to see too many patients, she is still thorough and caring. Her medical knowledge is excellent and she "knows what she doesn't know". Thus she will refer a patient to a specialist without hesitation. Her referrals are invariably to outstanding professionals (frequently to Johns Hopkins faculty members). I have been seeing Dr. Carlson for about seven years. I am in my 60's and she is by far the best internist I have had.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I've been going to Dr. Carlson for almost 9 years now and she's the best physician I've been to. She is very caring and well informed. She is the only doctor that has ever called me at home or my cell to follow up on tests, doctor referrals and prescription refills. She is very caring and will talk not just about my health but about things that matter to me. Several family members and friends now go to her and rave about her as well.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2008

I was a patient of Dr. Carlson's for several years and I really liked her. She was very thorough and knowledgeable, and became almost like a friend I hadn't seen in a while when I went in for visits. She remembered personal things about my life and we'd chat about things going on with me unrelated to my medical state. Phone calls were always returned by her the same day. The practice stopped taking my insurance last year, so I had to switch, and am very unhappy now. My first impression of her - I didn't like her too well, but guess what? She didn't have a very high opinion of me either at first, but over the years we understood each other and realized neither of us was what we first thought. Give her a chance. I don't think you'll regret it.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2008

Dr. Kevin Elizabeth Carlson's Credentials

• Yale Univ Sch Of Med, New Haven Ct 06510 (Grad. 1994)