Ratings for Dr. David W. Nixon

Dr. Nixon is the best Psychiatrist I have ever had. I can not believe the negative responses below. When I needed a drug change either by my request or another of my doctors request he was perfectly willing to find another drug for me. His conduct is above reproach. His knowledge of drugs and there interactions are vast and he is always wiling to answer any questions you have. He is just the best.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Dr. Nixon treated me with a drug therapy that was contra-indicated for my illness (PTSD). In doing so he needlessly created a drug addiction and dependence in me. At no time did Dr. Nixon share my diagnosis with me. Almost 15 years later, when I consulted elsewhere, I discovered the diagnosis and obtained the proper treatment. I am drug free but only because I removed myself from this man's care.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

Dr. Nixon recklessly prescribed substantial amounts of medications and fails to promote the use of psychotherapy even when this protocol deviates from the appropriate standard of care. When confronted with problems posed by the side effects of the myriad of medications he prescibes he denies the side effects and tells patients that their impressions are "in their mind." This is a breach of the trust placed in him not only as a doctor, and specialist but also as a Psychiatrist. His conduct is self dealing.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

Needlessly overmedicated me. Failed to assist me in getting off of medications he has prescribed which were detrimental to my health. Once treated elsewhere.....and with assistance, no medication necessary.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Very best PHD I've had. He listens, is knowledgeable, professional, and has good bedside manor. He listens to your input, takes your opinion into consideration. The therapist in the building however are terrible. I had two other therapist in this practice and they were absolutely unprofessional. One spoke about her view on politics and insulted me indirectly and was judgmental. The other was a **** that actually physically touched me which is inappropriate for a therapist to do. Dr. Nixon is good but I don't recommend the therapist here. However the receptionist are good and friendly which is very rare.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

Dr. David W. Nixon's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Veterans Administration