Ratings for Dr. Stephen Brady

I had a breast reduction and my upper eyelid. First i went from a 36 D to a B, actually smaller then a B. I has no breasts. He also forgot to do the eyelid surgery. He admitted that and forgot the eyelid sugery. However do to being put under so much caused, major hair loss. It took me two years of treatments to regain my hair and I had to have breast implants, which was done by Dr Robyn Watts. She was fantastic. Dr Brady is also famous for adding a little of this or that and ar a great cost. He is a thief and a butcher!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I had a breast reduction in Jan2013. I read a lot of reviews on many surgeons. ALL of them have pos and neg reviews. Im THRILLED with my result. Lisa was always super helpful and accommodating even when i changed the scheduled date at least twice. Dr Brady told me my breasts were at least 50-60% larger than what they should be, which was what I wanted to hear. He was always most professional, and at my first consultation, went through his checklist of all the risks, and patiently answered all my questions. On the day of surgery I reminded him I wanted to be as small as possible. After the surgery he accepted my ph call on his cell on the weekend when I had severe itching from the bandages. At my 6 week check up he told me I had "perfect breasts". He moved the nipples and I have full sensation :) and although I still have some numbness at the sides of the breasts, he said that would take a few months to go away. My only regret is that I did not do this 10 yrs ago!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Dr. Brady told me that he would be able to perform breast reduction surgery on me. I took time off to meet with him in his office. He gave me different price options. He gave me hope that I can finally get this surgery done, which was something I was looking forward to for the past 10 years. However, in the last minute, he changed his mind and said he would not be able to do it, as my breasts were not 'big enough'. This was just not true, as stated by my family doctor. I do have a small frame but I still do qualify for it under MSP. I think I got on his nerves when I alled him at his cell phone number, as if I was doing something illegal. I think I also got on Lisa's nerves (his assistant). My family doctor said it is unethical(albeit legally ok) for a doctor to first give you price quotes and then refuse to perform surgery on you. When I called Lisa afterwards, she kept cutting me off and raising her voice at me,'Listen to Me!' I do not appreciate their lack of professionalism

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Brady. My breasts were a size FF-G prior to breast reduction surgery, and thanks to a breast reduction from him they are now a comfortable full C. Before operation, he gave me a thorough overview of the risks of surgery and made sure I was comfortable with them. He allowed me to choose what size I would be afterwards, even asking me again on the day of my operation. I don't see how people can complain about their new size given the fact that Dr. Brady asks several times if you would like them larger or smaller scale. Post-op, he has been great with follow-ups and advice on the healing process. His staff are friendly and you are always welcome to make an appointment to ask questions or for reassuring you that you are healing well. If you are considering surgery with Dr. Brady, I would fully recommend him, but it is always important to keep in mind the potential complications of the surgery, which are often out of the doctor's hands.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2013

I had a breast reduction in 2003. Dr Brady told me that he wouldn't have to remove my nipples that my breasts weren't that big. They did have to come off, now both my nipples are disfigured. On one the middle of the nipple is gone the other is at permanent half mast. One breast is a lot bigger than the other. At the time of the consult I was given the opportunity to pay Dr. Brady an extra $500 to do some extra liposuction. I should have saved my money. I was covered under BCMed for this surgery but now I can not afford to fix this. It would be considered a cosmetic surgery. It was a great relief to have the weight off my shoulders. Unfortunately I can't stand to see myself in a mirror and it has had a huge negative effect on my life.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

I had an explantation and a mastopexy done in November.Dr Brady and his staff were amazing. All my questions where answered and I always felt at ease. I am very happy with the results. He has never been late for any of my appointments and I never felt rushed. My experience was definately a positive one.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2012

Dr. Brady conducted a bi-lateral breast reduction in May 2012. I could not be happier with the service I got from his office and the amazing difference he has made to my physical and emotional well-being by performing a faultless breast reduction. Had the bandages off today and other than the expected swelling and bruising, they are absolutely perfect. I cannot imagine how anybody can give this surgeoon anything other than a 5 rating.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

Is rushed, does not listen to patient concerns and feels that he has the right to "dismiss" you when he does not want to explain anything further.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2012

Had a breast reduction done in October of 2010. Couldn't tell you how happy I am that I finally did that. I love my new breasts. I went from a G? to a large C, small D. They look fantastic. Obviously there is some scarring and bumps and lumps, but I take that as being a normal part of any surgery. Dr. Brady did a fantastic job. He does have a "dry" personality, but that made me feel more confident in his abilities. There was a mix up at the hospital on the day of my surgery, as they were under the impression I was going home that day, although Dr. Brady and I had discussed I would spend the night as I live about 50 minutes away from the hospital. He made sure I had a bed that night, and wouldn't be going home, which was a huge relief to me. Overall, I would go to him again in a heartbeat. I love the way I look and I credit him for that!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

I'm looking to have a breast reduction covered by BC Medical. I'm young and fit. I could live with my breasts as is, but I am thinking long term (they are low now and uneven as far as the nipple alignment). These reviews are terrifying. I'm not expecting Hollywood, but going from a 30DD to a B cup size would be a serious shock. I have a surgery date three days from now with dr. Brady. Any advice?...and what is an inverted nipple? Is that common?

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011