Ratings for Dr. Francois Malan

Dr. Malan is one of the rare doctors who listens and tries to do everything to improve your health. He was extremely caring when we were facing challenges.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

Such a great Doctor! He always gives you the time of day and explains everything thoroughly. You never feel like you're being rushed out and he is always friendly and informative.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2018

Very disappointed with how Dr. MALAN, can insult family members about weight, and there personal life choices. I find it extremely disturbing that a doctor can make someone feel as awful about themselves, as he does. As far as trying to say "Do not tell anyone I am not your family doctor, or say it wasn't me" after prescribing you an insane amount of opiods" only to learn that you have become addicted. When a family member as asked to come off them, those are the words he said and left them on there own with no answers or advice, direction on where to go or what to do. I have never felt more uncomfortable in my life with a doctor. On another note, I thought a nurse or receptionist was to enter the exam room when a woman's physical was taking place? I have never had another person present while this has taken place. I only went once, and haven't been back since as this is not proper protocol. Or when you are asked to come back for another exam in a week to days, you do and he asks you" what he can do to help you", then left explaining myself again, or better yet, when he says he is sending requisitions to other labs for work, and you have to phone continuously to get them sent, only to be greeted by a rude, arrogant receptionist, who thinks her s*** don't stink. I have always worked in the public's eye, and if really hate your job that much or treating people like crap is fun to you, maybe you should just stay home. I don't think I have ever met such an ignorant person in all my life. It's to bad the doctor shortage is so bad, and that it's really hard to find another doctor because I would have and will transfer the minute one becomes available, as will my family members. Ask yourself, do you really have any idea what he says when he uses medical terminology from Google? instead of explaining things in lamens terms, so you have a better understanding of the real diagnosis, it seems he hides behind real definition, because I have asked him multiple times about what he was saying, only to find out his definition, or description was inaccurate. Very disappointed and frustrated.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Doctor Malan is a great doctor ! Always helpful and understanding. He listens to your concerns and show lots of empathy. Thank you dr. Malan.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Dr. Malan has broke his oath of confidentiality and has displayed an extremely unprofessional approach when providing care. He has decided to share specific information involving a member of my family and their serious health condition. I am deeply disapointed and upset to hear this, plus I have never been confident or felt comfortable with his abilities as a doctor. He pushes medications that are unnecessary without hesitating and unfortunetely, I personally have experienced this first hand. He does not listen to younger clients, and has insulted my family multiple times about weight, lifestyle, ect. Not just a friendly reminder, but insults as I will not specify for confidential and moral reasons.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

He’s been our family doctor for years. He doesn’t “push pills” just to get you out of his office. He spends the time explaining his opinion and works to make sure you’re feeling better. Him and the staff have gone above and beyond for me. Couldn’t be happier! :) Linds and Lachlann.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

I feel as though I have the best family Dr in Kamloops, Dr.Malan is amazing and extremely knowledgeable, my husband, myself and our two children are his patients and I have left every single time feeling confident with the information he’s given us, I can’t usually get an appointment next day or day of, they always make time to fit us in no matter what. For that I am thankful.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Dr Malan really cares. He listens and puts you in charge of your health care. He is confident and knowledgeable and never discourages you from "doing your homework". He encourages it! He's always smiling and shakes your hand upon arrival. Most of all he fights for you and is just a genuinely nice guy! Kamloops is so lucky to have him and his wife!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Dr Milan, his wife, and staff are very interested in their patients health and welfare, both, mentally and physically. He and I have had differences of opinion over years but I feel like he listens and adjusts when it is called for. One of the few doctors I truly respect.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Dr. Malan has been my doctor since 2006, he is the most kind person in the world. He has helped me through my wife's severe brain injury and that took a lot of attention. He, Sante and Judi are just so good, you would love to have him as a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017