Ratings for Dr. Joel Bowers

Dr. Bowers is phenomenal. I have seen him many times when he was in Bowie, and my only sorrow is that he moved away. This man is the type of radiologist with a dedication, caring and bedside manner that you only see in movies. Dr. Bowers will actually talk to a patient, not just a doctor. He will go over his report with you if you ask. He has taken me "behind the scenes" on many occasions and allowed me to look at the actual pictures, not just the report. Dr. Bowers does not condescend; he presumes a patient can understand. He admits when a staff member does something wrong, even if it is another doctor (How rare is that?) Most importantly, he saved me from unnecessary surgery by questioning a doctor's conclusion that I had a brain tumor and correctly diagnosing a benign calcification. I would trust this doctor with my life and if I ever face a life threatening illness, I will demand that the scans be shown to Dr. Bowers for a second opinion. He is superb.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

Dr. Joel Bowers's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)