Ratings for Dr. Mark D. Strong

Worst experience ever almost lost my job because of his lack of knowledge.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

I have complex health concerns and Dr. Mark thinks outside the box in trying to solve them. For example, a serious bout of dizzyness led to suggestions that I check my abode for gas leak, try a trial withour a thiazide, have a couple hospital tests, note my sleep patterns, have some blood work and check my blood pressure and blood sugars around times of episodes and a few other suggestions. The problem was associated with two of these suggestions and my new regime is helping after several other doctors failed to find even a partial solution. He has a great mind and really cares about his patients, taking a lot of time to acquire relevant records and listen to concerns. He is not the kind of doctor who looks at your chart halfway during the visit. He is always prepared for your visit. Your health records will be accessible and kept well by his staff.This is a tiny two doctor office in a building that has senior activities and art exhibits. On street parking

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

My experience today went beyond his usual disinterest to be truly appalling. Dr. Strong had given me a prescription a few months ago. My father suffered sudden cardiac arrest yesterday &I flew home to be with him. I was running out of my prescription, so I ran to a nearby pharmacy to fill it there. They said that I was out of refills. I called Dr. Strong to explain the situation& see if he could call it in. The woman told me they wouldn't call it in because he needed to see me first. I said again that I was out-of-town because my dad was in ICU due to cardiac arrest. I asked why he needed to see me when he'd already seen me for this. The woman responded, "Well, I'm looking at your chart &I see no record of any visit for this or this prescription." I couldn't believe it. They'd utterly failed to keep records of my care! SHE THEN HUNG UP ON ME. The unprofessionalism is astounding. However, the treatment from his staff today was beyond compassionless; it was downright abusive and nasty.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

While he seems to be a basically nice person, my experience over three recent visits with this physician has been poor. He is very rushed, spending an average of 3-5 minutes with me per visit. He does not listen to symptoms or medical background. He is usually writing a prescription and not listening to me anymore within a minute of meeting, and then rushes me out without addressing my questions. He does not give information about what he is prescribing or why. He seems to have no interest in diagnosing or problem solving. He is generally unsympathetic and disinterested in demeanor. I would only go back in an emergency if noone else was available.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

Dr. Mark D. Strong's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

HealthFirst