Ratings for Dr. Matthew Ely

Arrogant, snarky, unhelpful, cold, thoughtless, not compassionate at all. I could go on, but I won't. He made me feel like a pathetic loser for being nervous about having surgery for the first time in my life. I asked not to hear what could go wrong, but he just kept rattling off the list. After surgery had to drive many hours for follow up appointment. Arrived, waited another hour, went in, he asked why I was there and then told me they lost the records from my surgery. I also had to take out a stent at home myself, and he said he thought I'd be "too much of a baby" to have done it. He then told me if I had taken it out, I didn't need to come in. Also, he asked how things went with the surgery and what Dr. Morgen stern had said. The problem is I wouldn't know, since he talked to me while waking from anesthesia. Talked to office manager who basically didn't care about anything that had happened. This place is an absolute nightmare and should be avoided at all costs! Even the nurse at my follow up said those two doctors were the worst and she was sorry for being treated so poorly! If your nurse tells your patients that, there's obviously a problem!!!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Dr. Matthew Ely's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1972)

Top Hospitals in Newark, DE